percussionist's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 4:42 AM

Closed

You ruined the Xfinity stream app

It never fails with you guys.  Some [Edited: "Inflammatory"] decide that a perfectly good app needs to be changed and you [Edited: "Inflammatory"] remove all the best parts of the existing app.  For the time since the last change, in which you made it impossible for me to use my kindle fire HD to watch recorded shows, the app has only worked on my android pixel phone.  Ridiculous.  Now you [Edited: "Inflammatory"] took the simplest launching interface, and now made it impossible to have a one button push to get to my recordings, and no one knows how to get to the full text listing of all my recorded shows.  Scrolling sideways eats [EDITED:Language].  Who decided you need large icons of recently recorded shows, rather than a one button push to get to the list of all the recordings on one page?   Obviously some [Edited: "Inflammatory"] that is not a constant user of watching recorded shows.  [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"].

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @percussionist ! Thanks for your feedback on the XFINITY Stream app. We will be sure to pass it along.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

when you have more than one episode of a show recorded on your dvr, how from your xfinitiy  stream app are you to be able to look at each of the episodes to decide when one you want to watch, before the update you would be able to click the 3 dashes in the top left & select recorded & then see all of what is on your dvr & if more than one episodes from the same show you could pick one I want to watch, not now and also how are you to delete a recording from the stream app as that option is one of several usable features are missing. Use Droid platform products and this issue on all of my streaming devices. Can you help or answer any of these questions? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, I just got off the phone with tech support about this very issue & the tech support person told that they didn't update the interface to the streaming app & that it was all my devices that must be the issue. The tech support rep didn't even have a device to look at to see what was being explained to them. I asked for a supervisor & was told I would get a call back in 20 min a supervisor, an hour ago. I left Direct TV as their app wasn't useable & now with the recent update it showing to be that as well. 

1 Message

It's horrible. There was no need to change it and clearly they didn't run it through usability testing! 

So Xfinity, how do we get our list of recordings back????

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_6a90b7, thanks for reaching out to share your feedback and express your concerns. 

To access your recordings in the Xfinity Stream app, you will want to look at the bottom of the app and select My Library, then Recordings. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here