cfcampbell's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 3:19 AM

Closed

Xumo

I just obtained a xumo box from Xfinity.  I would like to be able to stream local content (Warriors games and so on) on my iPad as well as view it on my tv.  Is there any way I can do this?  While I can get local tv channels on my tv with my xumo box, I can’t get these same channels on the Xfinity streaming app or on the xumo app.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

8 months ago

Hey @cfcampbell,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to address your Xumo Streaming box concerns. 

Our Xumo Streaming box is a set-top box that comes included with the cost of the Xfinity Internet. This device allows you to access streaming applications and more such as our Xumo app. The Xumo Set-top box does not come with television channels. You are able to subscribe to Live TV Streaming services such as our NOW TV, Hulu +Live TV, YouTube TV, and Sling TV. 

If you do not subscribe to a live television service through Xfinity, you would be unable to stream local channels through the Xfinity Stream app as you would need an active Xfinity TV subscription. 

If you subscribe to Live TV through a different third-party provider, you would need to reach out to them for any assistance on streaming and supported streaming devices. Do you currently have an active Xfinity TV subscription that provides you with live channels?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for your response.  Originally I had an X-1 box.  I gave this up because the monthly cost of Xfinity's TV service with this box was getting prohibitive.  That is what caused me to acquire the Xumo box.  I think, however, that the Xfinity rep who set me up with the Xumo box was either unfamiliar with its limitations, or deliberately misled me.  She told me I would be able to record local sports programs with Xumo, the same as always.  As you point out, that is not true.  I have since subscribed to Hulu+ Live TV.  That service has addressed my issues:  I can now record the programs I want to see.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

You're most welcome! I apologize about any miscommunication that may have occured. The Xumo Stream Box would only be able to support streaming services as this ste-top box is not compatible with our other Xfinity Video TV options. I am glad to hear you were able to find a solution to you local channels and recordings. Please do not hesitate to create another post and let us know if anything comes up in the future. Have a great rest of your evening and happy streaming! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

Told me today i could get local channels, seems like a waste of electricity to me, cause all smart tvs you can run apps on

1 Message

5 months ago

Can't access your local channels on Xfinity Stream Xumo box do not like it! Have a antenna would not even pick it up

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_8nk9wm,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We appreciate the assistance. Our Xumo Stream Box is primarily used for streaming services and not our linear TV service. Broadcast TV (e.g., NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX) and cable networks (e.g., CNN, ESPN, and HGTV) are not included with the Xumo Stream Box. However, you can watch live TV through a separate streaming service like YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, Sling TV Orange and Blue, and Paramount+

We recommend visiting our 'Xumo Stream Box from Xfinity FAQs' support page that provides a handy guide on features supported for the Xumo Streaming Box. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I am glad I ran across this post before switching to Xumo streaming boxes.  I just completed a call with customer service to address the outlandish prices we are paying for service, and she recommended switching over to Xumo streaming boxes to save on equipment costs.  I was lead to believe that we would be able to watch all of our current programs which does include local programming.   Looks like this is definitely an opportunity for training customer service representatives.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here