U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 2:09 AM

Xfinity won’t cancel my peacock premium

I signed up for Peacock premium through Xfinity because it was free through my internet.  After realizing it wasnt ad free I went to cancel it. After 24 hours I reached out to Peacock to reactive my old account and they tell me that Xfinity hadn’t cancelled it so I needed to talk to them. Well after 2-3 hours of talking to Muhammad, he says they can’t cancel my peacock bc peacock won’t approve it. This is after he told me 10 times it would be completed in “a few more mins”. He then said they would call me bc they had to reach out to peacock to fix the “error”.  Well 5 days later and it’s still not resolved. Honestly what Xfinity is doing here is criminal by not deleting and canceling my peacock account through them bc I can’t sign up for ad free through peacock until they do this!!!! I have tried talking to peacock again and they said Xfinity hasn’t made any attempt to cancel.  I will never sign up for a service with Xfinity after this. I have read sooooo many posts of people saying the exact same thing of this happening to them to a T!!! Like saying what happened to me would happen bc it happened to them and multiple other people. I need someone from Xfinity to reach out to me and fix this already!!! 

Official Employee

• 

752 Messages

12 days ago

Hello, user_0ff3cb thank you for taking time to create a post. I do want to help get the proper expectations that when reaching out over Xfinity Forums, there may be up to a 2-day delay in response time frame. This is because the Xfinity Forums is a public forum where others users can provide assistance as well as employees. 

I definitely understand wanting to looks at options to remove the ad supported Peacock that comes free with Gigabit or Gigabit extra internet. You can now upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus (ad free) while receiving the ad version as part of your Internet promotion. 

Upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus

If you receive Peacock Premium through one of the promotions outlined above (as a NOW TV, Gigabit Internet or Xfinity Rewards Diamond or Platinum customer), you can now upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus from your online account by following these steps: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cancel-peacock-premium-plus. Note that a subscription to Peacock Premium Plus must be purchased at the full retail cost ($11.99 per month). https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-premium-offers. 

4 Messages

12 days ago

I'm having the same issue, and I'm trying to avoid the monthly subscription by paying for the ad-free annual subscription through PeacockTV.com directly, but when I log into Xfinity Stream to cancel my subscription, it brings me to an error page telling me to contact support. Xfinity is holding my subscription hostage, and yes I also chatted with Muhammad, and was told he fixed it and that the change would take 30 mins. The next day, it's still not cancelled, so I started a new chat with Salmon, and they told me it would take 2-3 days to resolve. I don't understand why it takes 3 days to simply cancel a subscription. Not everyone likes to be subjected to the corrupt healthcare and big pharma commercials. I've already been forced to pay $2,316.16 over my in-network out of pocket expenses from the hospital, so do you think I want to see a corrupt industry advertising their evil on my screen? Hell no!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@hj2100​ how odd you just happen to speak with Muhammad too! They really are holding our subscriptions hostage, seems highly illegal to me. I don’t want to go through Xfinity to pay for the ad free bc if it’s this hard to cancel the free version, I can only imagine what kind of hoops you have to go through to cancel one you pay for!?  Did you have any luck after the 2-3 days when you spoke with Salmon? Bc I’m sure that’s who I’ll just randomly speak to next too.  Last time I tried chatting with them earlier I got an “error” message so I had to start the whole process over again.  Hell even when I made this post, whenever I hit the tag box for “peacock” it would delete my entire post so I would have to start over again. The weird thing is it only happened on the peacock tag. It’s almost like they don’t want you posting about it. 

4 Messages

@user_0ff3cb​ Unfortunately, I just started the new chat today, so I have to play the waiting game at this point. It's nice to know I'm not the only one running into this right now. Wishing the best of luck to both of us. This is awful! If they fail to cancel the "FREE" subscription, two years later, we'll be paying $5.99 on top of our Internet bill, whether we like it or not. This is only a promotional introductory rate for the ad-supported Peacock. I'd imagine Xfinity gets all sorts of revenue for doing this, which is why they refuse to cancel our subscriptions.

(edited)

1 Message

4 days ago

I have the same issue. Xfinity is [Edit: Inflammatory]. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

It’s totally criminal and I will

never sign up for anything through Xfinity now. They’ve told me “it’ll be cancelled in the next 24 hours, guaranteed “ 3 times now. Still isn’t fixed. I ended up changing my email on my peacock account to some new one I made up and then resigned up under my old email with peacock. (I had to set up my profile again and resign into all my devices which was annoying). 

(edited)

4 Messages

There's no competition in my area so I'm stuck with the criminals. I'm glad we were able to come up with a solution to signing up for the annual ad-free plan.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey there user_xnxjf5, I'd love a chance to work with you more and help turn things around. To make sure we're on the same page I have a few clarifying questions. Are you currenlty subscribed to Peacock Premium through an Xfinity Rewards offer? Also, you're wanting to purchase the Peacock Premium ad free? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

612 Messages

user_0ff3cb thank you for taking the time to reach out today. I am glad to hear that you found a workaround regarding your account, although it led to a bit of frustration in the process. Are you no longer experiencing any concerns with Peacock?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here