U

Sunday, June 16th, 2024 1:47 AM

Xfinity streaming has stopped working on all iOS (Apple) devices - iphones and ipads. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app on all devices

Live streaming of TV worked fine for many, many months then suddenly stopped working approximately June 10th. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the XFinity Streaming app on all devices, and the problem persists. When attempting to stream a channel, the logo appears on screen, but the 3 small progress indicator dots just keep cycling for ever. There is no error message. I have rebooted our Xfinity router and note that no changes have been made to our home network or devices attached to it. All iOS versions on our devices are fully up to date. 

Please advise. 

[Edit: Personal Information]

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue here. Pretty sure the last update (v17.7.0) is what did it for me.

Official Employee

• 

518 Messages

@user_rkfyks  Try the steps here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-stream-portal-and-app.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

All of the troubleshooting steps were tried, with no changes to the behaviours in the Xfinity streaming app.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

user_63pl4t Thanks for reaching out to us over our Community Forums. That does seem odd for the Xfinity Stream app to stop working on all devices. We would like to take a closer look at this concern for you. Please send us direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

7 Messages

Same here.  This device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity wifi.  Use the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like.

6 Messages

For clarity, the issues we are having occur on our in-home Xfinity wifi. We are not trying to use the service on other internet provider signals.

6 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ Message sent to Xfinity support through DM as suggested. The problem persists.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_63pl4t​ I have wasted MANY hours on the phone with useless xfinity support due to this issue primarily effecting me using streaming app on AppleTV.  Twice insisted I have technician appt due to errors with “my router”.  Total BS.  Technician shows up and there is NO router issue.   Finally they escalated and I got a call back from someone who knew how to spell streaming app.  He told me that xfinity developers relied on some IOS feature that Apple has changed, and they have no schedule for fixing.   I find it perfect that all my other streaming apps work great except this POS.   I have convinced my HOA to do away with Comcast.   I never want to deal with this stupid organization again.   Every interaction reflects how little they value their customer’s time or business.  How much do I hate them - let me count the ways . . .

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

user_a457c5 If you change your mind, we are here to help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

Is there a solution??

7 Messages

@user_hjh​ somehow my old Xfinity account for my old house that is inactive was linked in my current admin account.  I unlinked it and everything started working again.  It was weird though because it just stopped working out of the blue I didn't link my old account it just had been linked from a long time ago.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, user_hjh, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Xfinity Stream app. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already? 

3 Messages

Is there a solution to this issue, yet?

3 Messages

1 month ago

Is there a solution to this issue, yet? I have also tried all the suggested remedies to no avail. I would appreciate a response. Thanks

7 Messages

@user_v4vx29​ somehow my old Xfinity account for my old house that is inactive was linked in my current admin account.  I unlinked it and everything started working again.  It was weird though because it just stopped working out of the blue I didn't link my old account it just had been linked from a long time ago.

1 Message

15 days ago

I have the same problem and have done all the troubleshooting steps.  Xfinity stream app is junk.  Only way to stream is through Safari interface. 

6 Messages

Thanks for posting, and the advice on using Safari. I have yet to hear from anyone at Xfinity, despite following their advice and DM'ing support with the issue. I continue to be annoyed and amused at the comments above from Xfinity employees like "we are here to help", whereby they have all of my contact info but have made no effort through email, text or other means to actually help. I'm getting more than a little tired of forking over $300 a month for cable / internet / phone / security to such an abysmally poor provider of customer support. I guess that's how a monopoly succeeds.

7 Messages

@user_zpo6sy​ somehow my old Xfinity account for my old house that is inactive was linked in my current admin account. I unlinked it and everything started working again. It was weird though because it just stopped working out of the blue I didn't link my old account it just had been linked from a long time ago.

7 Messages

@user_zpo6sy​ somehow my old Xfinity account for my old house that is inactive was linked in my current admin account.  I unlinked it and everything started working again.  It was weird though because it just stopped working out of the blue I didn't link my old account it just had been linked from a long time ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_zpo6sy Thanks for reaching out with your streaming concern on apple devices. I would be happy to help in any way I can to get this corrected for you. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_63pl4t Thanks for reaching out through our Forums for help with the issue you are having. If it is still present, and you need further help we are happy to assist. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here