longmuirj's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 7:24 PM

Xfinity Streaming // Can only use on Wi-Fi, not Ethernet Connection?

Hello, I am using my AppleTV to connect to Xfinity Streaming, but it says that I can only use it on Xfinity Wi-Fi and not if it is connected via the much quicker Ethernet. I disconnected the Ethernet and set my AppleTV to the much slower W-Fi and it still says I need to connect even though all of the other apps on the AppleTV are streaming fine. I even signed in using both the QR code and the Xfinity website and received the "Success" screen but it keeps coming back to the "Welcome" Error Message that I must be connected to the Wi-Fi, which I am. What can I do? I attached all the photos so you can see what I am seeing. I even tried to use the app on my iPhone connected to my Wi-Fi and it also says I need to be connected to Wi-Fi to use it, so there seems to be an issue with the app and not my devices.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 month ago

The company has fallen into the IMHO bad habit of saying "In-home Xfinity WiFi" when what they mean is "In-home Xfinity Internet". You should be able to use a Wifi or an Ethernet connection. Sometimes, however, something goes awry with their systems and they lose track of which internet connections are theirs. In fairness, sometimes customers connect to one of their Wifi hotspots, or to a non-Xfinity ISP, which produces the same error message. 

If you are quite sure you are connected to your "In-home Xfinity Internet" let them know, and in a week or two (my experience) they'll get the problem straightened out.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 month ago

Thanks Bruce! I am trying to save money by switching to the App so I can turn in my three (3) cable boxes and save $30/month. When I first tested the Xfinity App on my AppleTV last week, it was connected via Ethernet and it ran fine. I have Amazon Fire Sticks for my two other TVs, but have not set them up yet as I wanted to test one TV at a time. I will respond here once I get a reply from them. Thanks again! Cheers.

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, @longmuirj! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on Xfinity Forums. That is certainly strange as you should be able to connect it no problem via WiFi or ethernet connection as @bruce mentioned. 

Did you recently move? When you are logging in, are you using the primary account holders information? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here