melsailsnorth's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 9:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream TV app/Roku "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later" message

Have been using the beta stream TV app with Roku for last year without issue.  Now all of a sudden I am getting an error "sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later"

I've reset the device to factory specs, deleted and reloaded the Xfinity app, checked my internet connection (all other Roku apps work fine).  my account is fine and streaming works great via computer.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I have had the same issue with a Roku Ultra we are getting the We are getting this error .gettvgridchunk-500 error

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all and thank you so much for participating in our community!

@Shawns1982 - I can check your account and see why you got the  gettvgridchunk-500 error. Could you please send me a private message with your full name and CM Mac address of your modem? 

@melsailsnorth - Thank you for providing all the details. I got your private message and will reply back asap. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@melsailsnorth wrote:

Have been using the beta stream TV app with Roku for last year without issue.  Now all of a sudden I am getting an error "sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later"

I've reset the device to factory specs, deleted and reloaded the Xfinity app, checked my internet connection (all other Roku apps work fine).  my account is fine and streaming works great via computer.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

try doing a power unplug restart of the modem  (1-2 minutes unplugged). while it is restarting, uninstall the xfinity beta channel and use the roku menu to restart the roku. when the internet is back up, install the xfinity stream TV beta channel and reauthorize using a desk/laptop. be sure to agree to the terms and conditions or the playback will not work. if your router has a forced DNS server change the setting back to automatic and use the DNS supplied by default from Comcast. if you are using a VPN and not actually at home, that won't work for long and you get all kinds of errors etc.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Restarting moderm, then deleting BETA, then restarting TV via ROKU app, then adding back BETA, then activating again seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response!  I went through your suggestions.  Not using a VPN and confirmed that DNS is set to automatic.   Tried all this several times and each time after getting to the authorization page, I'd authorize it through my computer, and it would proceed through and allow you to access channels.  then, as soon as you paged back and tried to reopen the channel access, I'd get the same (try again) message.  Finally gave up and played with a 5 day trial of YT tv.  At it's conclusion, I reopened Xfinity, reauthorized as before, and now everything works fine and I can reopen the program over and over without issue.   The fact that nothing was changed on my end has me scratching my head.  Version is 3.2 build 3 and I'm curious when this last update came out or if theres been a recent bug fix...?   Thanks again for the tips!! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have to credit Rustyben for the fix.  I basically followed the steps he laid out. It looks like the latest version just came out on 2/21/19 @ 6:10 pm. 

It appears to fix a another problem I've been having for a month where  I couldn't delete saved recordings (or watch anything else for that matter) after watching a recording without going out of the app and going back in. All seems to be well now.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@melsailsnorth wrote:

Thanks for the response!  I went through your suggestions.  Not using a VPN and confirmed that DNS is set to automatic.   Tried all this several times and each time after getting to the authorization page, I'd authorize it through my computer, and it would proceed through and allow you to access channels.  then, as soon as you paged back and tried to reopen the channel access, I'd get the same (try again) message.  Finally gave up and played with a 5 day trial of YT tv.  At it's conclusion, I reopened Xfinity, reauthorized as before, and now everything works fine and I can reopen the program over and over without issue.   The fact that nothing was changed on my end has me scratching my head.  Version is 3.2 build 3 and I'm curious when this last update came out or if theres been a recent bug fix...?   Thanks again for the tips!! 

you don't page back wait until the screen updates (when the roku is approved the roku screen will update).

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, that was just a bad way of putting it.   I'd always wait for the approval to take place and after that the program would work as expected.   Once it began working again, though, if I paged back and out of the program, trying to start it up again would reveal the same "somethings wrong" note on a solid black screen.   Hope that makes better sense...  

Thanks again for your help! 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben - Thank you so much for providing the troubleshooting steps! I appreciate your help! 

@melsailsnorth @mckaths1 - I'm glad to hear that the issue with the Stream app on Roku has been resolved. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time. Have a great day!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Essentially having the same error with "Error getChannelMap 504" popping up every now and then whenever I try to see the channel list on my sharp Roku TV. Have already tried restarting modem / TV and uninstalling and then reinstalling the Xfinity stream app. Is there anywhere we can report a bug?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, austinrussell29! Thank you for participating in the thread! The Stream app for the Roku platform is still in the Beta status. If you can provide the exact time when you got the getChannelMap 504 error - I would be happy to report it to the engineering team. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I also have this problem I’m getting error message getchannelmap-00502 on both my Roku express+ and my Roku tv I have talked to comcast for almost 4 weeks about this issue they still have not resolved the problem 2 technicians came to my house and they have not figured it out I also have reset and done everything Comcast has told me to do by phone

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

daniel_u, we would be happy to help out! Please send over a PM with your first and last name so we can review this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Is there a fix for this? I have received the message sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later. I have reset my Roku numerous times m. This has been ongoing for a few months.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This has happened to me twice in the past week.  Reinstalling the app and restarting the router and cable modem did not help.  No way I was going to reset my Roku to factory settings!

My wireless network (home grown, not Xfinitiy's equipment) has a couple of access points besides my router (also my equipment). 

Restarting the access point closest to my Roku device solved the problem both times.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here