M

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 29th, 2021 9:36 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream stalls on "now connecting to your entertainment experience" on a Mackbook

Xfinity Stream stalls on "now connecting to your entertainment experience" on a Mackbook the software I have os Big Sur 11.6.1

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

3 years ago

Hey there @mj010177, thanks for connecting with us here on the Xfinity Forums today. You've reached the right place for help. Just to confirm we're on the same page, can you confirm your device meets the below operating requirements?

Macintosh Computer Requirements

If you access the Xfinity Stream portal on a Macintosh computer (Mac), your Mac must meet the following minimum requirements.

Hardware

• Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz or faster processor
  • 256 MB RAM
  • Video card with 64 MB memory

Supported Operating Systems

• OS X 10.7 or later (OS X 10.14.4 or later if using Safari)

Supported Web Browsers

Browser Plug-Ins and Settings

• JavaScript enabled
  • Cookies enabled

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityBrie 

I did answer your post, I met all the requirements above, it does not work in Chrome, I tried Safari and it does work.

I travel a lot and I want to know if there is a way to mirror my Mackbook to a hotel tv when watching Xfinity.

Thanks.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Xfi

@XfinityBrie 

I did answer your post, I met all the requirements above, it does not work in Chrome, I tried Safari and it does work.

I travel a lot and I want to know if there is a way to mirror my Mackbook to a hotel tv when watching Xfinity.

Thanks.

nityBrie 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello there @mj010177!  Screen mirriring is a great idea.  Not all televisions are able to.  I know that I have mostly tried to screen mirror with my iPad when i traveled to Los Angeles over the summer.  Have never tried it with my MacBook.  I will give that a try soon.  Just for argument's sake, can you tell me if you have tried accessing Xfinity Stream on another device?  I ask because I want to rule out that the issue isn't with your devices but with your actual internet connection.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here