U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 27, 2021 10:21 PM

Xfinity Stream says I'm Not Subscribed

For the last year, I have been experiencing a plague of issues regarding your inefficient, cumbersome, perfunctory streaming service.  I have had to call in to customer service almost every week simply to watch basic channels of which I am already subscribed.  Basic channels such as BRAVO and Lifetime display a message stating that I need to upgrade.  At this point, I have called in dozens of times, if not more.  Each time, my account is updated, which is just a band-aid and the problem rears it's ugly head yet again.  Now, I am just tired of calling and seriously considering switching my entire cable service because I know that Direct TV/ ATT's streaming service works great.  If this issue is not resolved soon, that is what I will have to do for my own sanity.  To be such a powerful and technologically advanced company, why is the refinement of this app not a priority?  I have been dealing with it for far too long.  And whenever I call, I have to re-explain the same problem and re-answer the same questions, just to do it all over again a few days later.  Someone PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM! IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY! 

Official Employee

• 

369 Messages

6 m ago

Hello and Happy Thursday, user_339284! I hope you’re having a great week! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs!

Going forward, I'm truly sorry to hear about the signal issues you've been experiencing with your streaming services particularly with the BRAVO network as I know situations like this can be frustrating to say the least! Your business is sincerely important to us and I'd like to work to have this all corrected ASAP!

To get the ball rolling on this process, please send us a private chat message by selecting the “chat” icon on the top right side of our page and then using our singular Xfinity Support handle (not an agent name) to get started. Once you have started a chat message, please provide your name and service address as it appears on your monthly billing statements. Thanks again for both your time and patience!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

OMG exactly the same issue here. it happens OVER, AND OVER AGAIN. and every single time they act like it’s the first time they’ve ever heard of it even though there are entire discussions with threads describing the same issue on their own forums. we’ve spent hours of our time calling and chatting with xfinity. they start with telling us that we’re not subscribed (we are) then ask us to give them the model numbers of each of our devices even though the streaming problem is affecting ALL OF OUR DEVICES. this has been going on for over a year and they still put us through this HELL every. time. last night i was cut-off from chat with “roshan” after almost two hours and he never tried to reconnect. this morning i was on a phone call with someone i couldn’t understand who wouldn’t transfer me to anyone else and proceeded to tell me that CNN could no longer be “streamed” even though it was fine yesterday morning —wta*?!?

XfinityBrie

Official Employee

• 

396 Messages

Hi @user_603f2e, thank you for posting to our forums regarding this streaming issue. Many times, this error is a result of not being on the in-home 
Xfinity network combined with a licensing agreement with the broadcaster. In some cases however, this also can boil down to a simple entitlement issues with the username you're signing in with.

We can check to confirm the entitlements on the username you're signing in with match your current subscription if you'd like. You can start a peer-to-peer style communication right here on the forums with us. To do so, please do the following: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon. Click this "Peer to peer chat" icon or follow  https://comca.st/2RmQQSr
2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Please include your name, the account holder name as it appears on the account (if different), and the current service address. We look forward to further assisting. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having this same issue in October 2021. When I called Xfinity acted as if my situation was unique and unheard of but I've come to find out that it's very common.  I've been with Xfinity for about a month and I've experienced way too many problems.  This will be the second time having a technician come to my home.  Hopefully they will correct the problem.  This service is too expensive to be dealing with these issues.

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

599 Messages

@user_f89d96 Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out on our forums. I am sorry to hear you are also having issues. Can you please create your own post detailing specific issues you're experiencing, so we can better assist? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here