U

Monday, August 7th, 2023 11:46 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream only has TV GO channels

I have Xfinity Stream. It just started showing nothing but TV GO channels. Support has not figured it out, though one tech said the stream app probably doesn’t think I’m at home. They’ve verified the modem MAC address. Every thing has been reset. The problem occurs on Fire Stick and Roku. The devices are hardwired rather than WiFi. I’m running out of patience. Support keeps saying there is a ticket but there is no resolution. 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Well this one appears to have Xfinity stumped. After hours of chats and phone calls the issue has been escalated but still not solved. It’s now waiting on their engineers.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_342ece! Our team would love to track the status of that ticket and see if there are any new updates from our engineers. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

It was finally fixed after escalation to Tier 3 and their working with engineers.

Big hint for Xfinity support: Tell your support agents NEVER to reset modems without first alerting the customer. It disconnects the support chat. DUH!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_342ece - We're so glad to hear that it's been resolved! Thank you for the update, and for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of any frustration that may have been caused during your troubleshooting efforts, and I want to thank you for all your time while we worked on a fix. Please feel free to create a new public post if any other questions or concerns arise, and the community is here to help :)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

My husband got a new iPad and in using Xfinity Stream for the first time on this device, he is only seeing To Go channels. We’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app, making sure Location Services is on, restarting the iPad, and no success. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_9jfvor thank you for taking the time to make this comment so we can help get the Xfinity Stream app working for you. Have you ensured that the iPad is connected to your home WiFi when view channels? Are you able to view all of the channels on your other devices or do they also have only the To Go channels?

1 Message

10 months ago

Why is my iPad only showing TOGO channels? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_wy31in Your iPad may not be connected to your in home Wi-Fi, or the Xfinity Stream app my not be recognizing you are at home. I would suggest doubling checking your Wi-Fi connection, and try logging out of the Xfinity Stream app to refresh it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here