U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 19th, 2023 3:26 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream massive lag on Samsung tv

From what I can read in the forums, no one has an answer or any kind of resolution. I can’t seem to understand that on live playback or any of my recordings the lag in the app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for reaching out @user_53a6fa! Are you using the Xfinity Stream app on a smart TV or from a streaming box? Where are you launching the app from? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ yes, I’m using the xfinity stream app on my Samsung smart tv. It was recommended that I do this when I started my service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_53a6fa Thank you for confirming that for us. There are a few things we would recommend trying to see if we can resolve the lag issues you're having. The first would be to unplug the power from your Smart TV for about 2-minutes, after that you can plug it back in to see if the issue persists. We would also suggest uninstalling the Xfinity Stream app and then reinstalling it. If you're not experiencing lag on any other wireless device in the home that may be specific to the type of TV you have but the troubleshooting above is certainly a good place to start.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I tried both of those things already. No difference 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_53a6fa Thank you for giving them a try and we are sorry it did not resolve the issue. Can you please send us a Private Message with your full name and address? We will need to take a closer look at this for you. Here are some instructions you can use on how to send us a PM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to speaking to you there.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung TV using fire stick.  My recording will  not play and it takes forever for the channel to start playing. It takes 10-15 minutes if you change the channel to start up again. 

This is horrible service considering how much we pay a month. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same issue with a TCL Roku tv.  All other streaming services work correctly without lag.  The picture is approximately 5 seconds ahead of the audio.  Again this is only an issue with the Xfinity Streaming app.  Netflix, Prime, HBO Max, etc. are not having the same issues.  

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same issue with a TCL Roku tv.  All other streaming services work correctly without lag.  The picture is approximately 5 seconds ahead of the audio.  Again this is only an issue with the Xfinity Streaming app.  Netflix, Prime, HBO Max, etc. are not having the same issues.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here