Jarekeja's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 25th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta app on LG OLED stopped working

I have been using the Xfinity Stream Beta on two LG OLED smart TV's,  for several months. it stopped working yesterday. I've tried several fixes, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, checked the network, unplugged the TV.  Now when I try to a open the app the screen goes black and it says "Loading". 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@Keonanl 
@Teverner 
@rdbentley56 
@james_persky 
@rjwichman 
@kothapet 
@Ike319 
@Fodor 
@imgpapaul 
@Tmichna 

We have rolled back the change that we believe is responsible for this issue.

Please relaunch the application on your LG TV. If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Thanks you and have a great day.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastStream none is these fixes worked for me. I just get a black screen on my LG tv. It worked previously. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_f9e6bd. Thank you for reaching out to us through Forums. We appreciate the steps you've taken to try and resolve the issue. We can certainly take a closer look and do some further troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue. Please send a direct message. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yesterday the xfinity stream app stopped working on my LG tv. It just has the word “loading” on the screen. I have unplugged the tv, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and when I launch it, it still just has the word “loading” on the screen. Any suggestions??

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Ours has done the same. Stopped working yesterday and just says loading. I've tried reinstalling app, unplugging tv. No updates available. I dont know what's happened?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here. Started 9/24.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here. Come on XFINITY.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

+1. Used the app for the first time Wednesday night and when I tried to use it again Thursday I just got the 'loading' screen.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ptamomof3 wrote:
Yesterday the xfinity stream app stopped working on my LG tv. It just has the word “loading” on the screen. I have unplugged the tv, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and when I launch it, it still just has the word “loading” on the screen. Any suggestions??

try unplugging the AC power from your gateway/modem for 3+ minutes then plug back in. fixed?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

try power unplug and restart of your gateway modem (3+ minutes unplugged).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same thing happened to me. I've been using the Xfinity Beta app for months on my LG TV and then it just stopped working today and now only shows "Loading". I reset my tv and reinstalled the app a couple times, but still doesn't work. So frustrating, does anyone know how to fix this?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem. Thought it would be resolved but still now working tonight

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Any fix for this? We’ve tried everything. It’s not working.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Stopped working 9/24 and just says loading. I've reset TV to factory settings and reinstalled the app same results.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The same exact thing is happening tk me and I’ve unplugged uninstalled restarted everything etc

It won’t go past loading. Don’t know what else to do

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem any resolution yet

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve even restarted my modem. Nothing! Very frustrating.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here