U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2022 11:25 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta app not working on Samsung TV

Samsung TV has been unplugged for five minutes then plugged back in. Software has been updated running current software firmware. Deleted and reinstalled Xfinity Beta app numerous times. Still not working. Message says Xfinity app can only be used on in-home network on laptop mobile device etc. I am using my only in-home Network for the Samsung TV.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Greetings, @user_f78373! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Xfinity Stream app on your TV, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Was the Xfinity Stream app working on this TV previously, or were you setting it up for the first time?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ I’m all set. Turns out that I had to call customer service to have them “enable” the router. 

Even though the ONLY connection that wasn’t working was the XFINITY app on my new Samsung tv. Every other desktop, laptop, iPhone, Alexa, smart tv, Apple TV, fire sticks, and Sonos speakers, Phillips Hue lighting, and more internet connected devices in my home WORKED PERFECTLY after I did the XFINITY app set-up on the newly delivered xb7 router. 
Even the other apps on the Samsung tv worked, so I’m not sure what had to be “enabled” by my call to customer service??? But it worked so I’m ok. Just annoyed that I needed to make a phone call for one app out of 100+ apps/devices that were working perfectly on the router. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Glad to hear it was resolved! Let me know if anything else comes up! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I was having the same problem. I spoke with a Xfinity rep yesterday and he solved the problem I’ve had for 4 days in a few minutes. I was using my phone to sign in. But, because of my recent move to a new home it kept signing me in to the old account. So, i used my IPad and signed into the new address account. When I put the pin in to authorize it. It worked on all my Samsung Smart TVs. So, make sure you’re trying to authorize it using the right account.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here