C

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Friday, August 25th, 2023 5:28 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App Video Continues to Freeze-sound continues

I keep reporting this issue and it is never resolved. It's been ongoing for at least two years. Other users report this same issue and I see many such reports are closed out.  But they were just closed, not resolved. I spent an hour and 15 minutes just now with Comcast. They claim this issue is only with me! And they are going to fix it in an hour and text me so I can verify they have fixed it. I don't know what else to do. The shows I record work fine on my PC and on my TV. But then on my iPad they may or may not work. Most of the time it is a Bravo show that operates without problem for about 10 minutes then the video freezes up and the sound continues. I also have one on my DVR now where the video continues without sound. Surely Comcast has enough information from the hundreds of reports of this issue that they can fix it. I end up using Peacock to watch the shows, and I have to pay for Peacock and watch ads! So maybe a solution is make Peacock Premium free until this is fixed? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@Coloradohiker Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with the Xfinity Stream App, and we can definitely look into this for you. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​  I sent in my info as you asked me to but I have not heard anything.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I am sorry to hear that you have not received any message @Coloradohiker. Could you attempt to send me a direct message again with your full name and complete address? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 year ago

I did as requested, 5 days ago, and have heard nothing futher.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

11 months ago

Just had another Bravo video freeze during the first set of commercials. Still no response from Xfinity despite having provided all the info they have requested.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@Coloradohiker I am sorry for how your experience has made you feel. I am showing we reached out but did not get a response back. I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your streaming. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

I did respond but you didn't respond timely. I finally had time to sit at my computer for several hours and got the info provided by Airelle below. I suggested she post it to the community, which she has done. Issue still not resolved though.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

10 months ago

We were able to find a temporary solution for this issue. The temporary solution is:

Selecting the “restart” playback option

Then fast forward to the spot you were at before.

As a temporary solution, we understand this is not convenient and hope to have this issue fully resolved soon. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ does not work-see below

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

9 months ago

Another frozen video-Southern Charm. Just recorded tonight and not yet available on Peacock so I can’t watch all of it. Stuck at a commercial for Chime. When will you fix this problem? I tried the supposed workaround and it did not work. I need at a minimum a credit for the month of January. You are not providing the services I am paying for. What will you do since you can’t seem to fix a problem that is going on 3 years now?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here