D

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, December 10th, 2022 7:49 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app on Roku says I am not on home network

I recently swapped out my old router for an XFi gateway. After doing that, the Xfinity Stream app on Roku says that I am not on my home network, so Stream is not working.

I verified that my Roku is connected to my home network. My laptop, which is on the same network, can stream Xfinity without any issues.

So I'm a little bit confused as to what to try next.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

[EDITED: Review Guidelines]........if we can't call for support and are forced to use this medium, would expect to get at least an answer.

(edited)

This comment has been converted into a post

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the trouble you're having with the app and modem. This isn't the end result we want to see when changing a modem out, but we're here to help! Since it's only the Roku that's having trouble like this, have you already attempted restarting the device? Also, sometimes a fresh reinstall of the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku can clear out errors like this. Would you be willing to try that out, and let us know if you're still having any trouble?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I tried power cycling the device. It did not clear the issue.

I did a factory reset of the Roku, completed setup including connecting to my home WiFi network. I then reinstalled Xfinity Stream. When I tried to sign in to Stream, it said I am not on my home network.

Contributor

• 

242 Messages

Hello, @dc1984_us. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.
•  Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary 
•  Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon) 
•  Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
•  Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
•  Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
•  Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here