U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 25th, 2023 2:21 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App on Roku has Audio and Video Desync

Hi,

I have 5 Roku devices using the Xfinity Stream app. 3 Roku TVs and 2 Roku sticks. All devices are up to date. For the last several weeks, every one of the devices gets the issue where the live TV stream will "stutter" or freeze for a split second, almost always during commercials. After the freeze, the audio will be severely out of sync with the video. The only way to resolve the desync is to back out of the stream to the Xfinity app main screen or guide, and re-enter the stream. Usually, the stream will just desync again at the next commercial break. It doesn't happen every commercial break, but I would estimate that it happens at least 50% of the time. 

It is very frustrating to have to close and open the stream after almost every commercial break. It is more annoying that the problem seems to be the commercials. This is clearly an issue, based on the posts in this forum. You guys have to get this fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hi, @user_29d049! Thanks for spending your time to reach out to XFINITY over our forums page for help with the audio and video streaming concerns. I also appreciate you greatly for your patience while waiting for a response. I enjoy using my Roku devices to help me save money on those rental fees, so I understand how important it is to get this fixed. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We are the perfect virtual door to knock on for service concerns such as this. We can help. Can you tell me if you are noticing this issue when streaming on other apps or when using other devices different Rokus?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have two rokus and the xfinity app audio/video de-syncs almost immediately once I start using the xfinity app on both tvs I have. I don’t have this issue with any other streaming app on either Roku, just the xfinity app. I keep seeing on different forums that xfinity and Roku are playing the blame game with who’s service isn’t working, however I’m not sure how xfinity has any legs to stand on when every other streaming app I use does not have this issue. This issue has just continued to get worse over time and has been going on for months. 

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having the same problem

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

Im watching NBC app and no problem it just xfinity app

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

Other appson roku working. I Had the same problem with sling too. Got rid of it.

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

They need to update the xfinity app.

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@user_036db3​   

The xfinity app on Roku was updated today. It didn’t fix anything still video and audio out of sync.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same problem with audio sync issues. I have five Roku units. Is this a Roku or Xfinity issue or both?

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

Hello, InsightSono. You've come to the right place for help. Having the audio off on your Roku sounds frustrating.

Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

It's not just Roku.  I have streamed xfinity through Chrome on three different computers with two different operating systems as well as using the xfinity app on my phone.  AMC and WE channels (and possibly others) are out of sync by several "MINUTES".  This syncing problem started about a year ago with AMC being out of sync by a few seconds.  Closed and reopened the browser and video/sound were synced back together.  This current problem started about a week ago with AMC then just noticed the same issue today with WE.  I've also had an issue the past several months with the sound levels on various channels being extremely low.  I pay a hefty fee to xfinity on a monthly basis to only watch about a dozen channels either on our TV or streamed to computers at home or work.  Xfinity needs to fix this or maybe it's time to cut the cord.

I also have a serious issue not being able to stream "at home" free "but wifi only" programs through a hard line connection to my router. 

Official Employee

• 

281 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Forums. I appreciate all the information you have provided and definitely want to help see what the next steps needed from our dedicated technicians would be. 

To ensure I'm looking at the correct information could you please send a DM with the following information: 

To send a direct message: 

• From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder's name (if different), and your full address.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 year ago

I am a new xfinity customer and I also have this issue on the Roku. It's only the xfinity stream app as well. all other apps like prime and netflix work just fine

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

Exchanged my modem 7/24/23 and still have the same problem.  The modem gets Very hot. Basically, you could cook your dinner on it. Commercials get out of sync then do F.F audio I guess trying to correct. Then continue into the program. Now it starts in program with any little glitch in the video. Watching morning Joe and constantly a F.F. audio. I'm at the point that I want to throw something at the possessed TV. Not funny I know. Tech is coming to look at my issue. Hopefully it will be fixed. If not, I'm dropping The Cable. Cable is too expensive to have so many problems. If I watch MSNBC on NBC or peacock there are no problems. But peacock only has a morning Joe program Live and the other programs you have to watch not live but days later. My husband tried to watch programs on another channel that isn't live he got flustered and just shut the TV off. Of course, Xfinity app is coming through Roku stick and Roku TV's. Commenting here and also on Roku We are Just tired of it. I don't understand why Xfinity wouldn't want people to stream their cable through Xfinity app. Whether its Roku or Firestick etc., Point is we are still paying for cable plus broadcast fees so if not fixed looking elsewhere.

1 Message

1 year ago

This is getting beyond ridiculous. Please fix!!!

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Our team can help. To get started, please create a new public post without your account information.  Doing so will open a ticket in our system, and we can get started on your request from there. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Hello,

I've installed ~35 Rokus for various clients and have been getting calls from all of them about this audio desync issue.  The problem occurs within the Xfinity stream app only.  All other apps do not have this problem. All 7 of my clients have this same problem.  Some have Xfinity modems, some have personally owned modems.  The Xfinity stream app used to work for all of them, for multiple years.  

I've had some of my clients upgrade their roku devices, which were all 4k capable devices, some 4k streaming sticks, some roku ultras.  The problem persists even with the newest Roku hardware.  The problem has persisted for over a year across all automatic app updates, app reinstallations, and roku device factory resets.

I say all of this to emphasize that this is obvioulsy a problem with the Xfinity stream app, and has nothing to do with the modem, service address, or roku device used.  

I suspect that someone at Xfinity decided to deliberately degrade the Xfinity stream app to get people to go back to renting cable boxes, and since I've been reporting this problem to Xfinity for over a year now, I see no evidence to suggest my claim of malice is in error.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same problem here too. All other apps are perfect. Xfinity makes charted look amazing! 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

He there @user_9sweno thank you for reaching out and adding your input to this conversation. We did have some known issues over the weekend with our NBC affiliates, but this should be resolved now. Are you still expereincing this issue? 

1 Message

11 months ago

Unable to watch Sunday Night Football on Xfinity stream app with constant streaming buffering and loss of audio (video only). Only the NBC channel.  The other channels work perfectly fine. I changed streaming apps to Peacock and the stream is perfect. It’s curious how it only affects one channel like this on Xfinity. This is streaming from an Apple TV 4K. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening @user_8250ry, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your stream issues. Are you still having trouble streaming on NBC? If so, are you experiencing any error codes or messages or have you tried logging out and back into the app?

1 Message

11 months ago

Im having the same issues on my Roku device. I have an Amazon tv & stealing is fine. I go to another room to watch on my Roku & boom, sync issues. All other apps in my Roku work fine. Just XFinity. You have got to fix this!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_iu10vx Thank you so much for letting us know that you are also encountering issues with your audio tracks no syncing. If you are still encountering issues if you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue with audio cutting out when  commercials come on, and shows losing audio when they come back on AFTER commercials!

Roku TV. This is infuriating and I'm paying too much to deal with this ***!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here