KyleNap's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 31st, 2023 5:32 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App on Apple TV 5.1 Surround Sound Support

Is there any update to when the Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV will support 5.1 surround sound on live channels and DVR?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @KyleNap! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! At this time it doesn't look like we have an ETA on when it will be fully implemented. I know we are always looking to make the streaming app better and appreciate you bringing this up. As of right now, there seems to be a small workaround located here: Stream App 5.1 Audio

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for the info. I tried this workaround with Chromecast and it doesn't output surround sound for me. Tried via Airplay as well. Can you confirm if surround sound being added is a feature that is currently listed to be added at some point?

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thanks for trying that! At this time there has not been any further mention of 5.1 audio being added. That does not mean it won't be. We just do not have an ETA at this time and apologize for the inconvenience.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here