M

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 16th, 2021 8:31 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App not working on ROKU Ultra - returns to Sign In page

Added the app and tried to sign in and it says success after but the Roku just keeps going back to the Sign In page. I have deleted and reinstalled app. I have powered down both the roku and tv for 15min and still the same result. I have tried both wired and wireless connections. I have the app working on my phone and on the desktop. 

Please advise on what else I can do to make this work

Thanks in advance.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

Having the exact same problem with multiple (5) Roku devices for the last two days. Monday morning 11/15 the Xfinity Stream app was inexplicably logged out on all Roku devices, and I've only very intermittently been able to log back into a couple of them (others seem permanently locked out). Have performed full factory resets, Xfinity Stream app reinstallations, software version upgrades etc.

This morning spoke with an Xfinity rep and went through several procedures (most of which I'd already performed) to no avail. Rep "reprovisioned" the Roku devices/channels in the Xfinity network which logged out all working devices, and now I have only been able to successfully log back into one of them. Rep finally punted on the problem, said "work with Roku". THIS IS NOT A ROKU PROBLEM! With identical devices some logins are intermittently successful, others not. Symptoms are consistent-- Xfinity has successfully validated the 6-digit authorization code (Success!) but will not complete the login and just kicks back to the login screen. Rep claims that she cannot trace these login attempts through the network and/or destination login server, but I'll bet the pertinent Xfinity expert can.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@gwaug  I tried a solution I found on the Roku forums and it actually worked.

Log into your Xfinity account and under USERS, add another e-mail/password that can access your account.

When you try to authorize again, use the new user you created - for some reason, that worked today and I am able to watch on my Roku.

I hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@mre17   Thanks for the tip, but this did not work for me. Still able to log in to only one (of 5) Roku devices, which are all on the same WiFi network. This is in southern NH, if Comcast tech support is following this board and tracking geographical outages. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@gwaug same issues I have had for a week it’s been acting strange on the streaming side on Roku and smart TV 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there and hello to you @user_852ab1!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can today.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, can we are going to take good care of you here.  Can you tell me if you are receiving any error messages or codes on your screen when you try to stream content? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@XfinityArmand There are no error messages or codes returned for this particular problem. As described above/below, after receiving a notification of "Success!" at authorization on one's computer/phone, the Xfinity Stream app simply kicks back to the login screen on the Roku/TV with no explanation given.

I'm re-posting what I just submitted on another thread where the exact same problem was reported. By the way, both of the workarounds cited below were provided by Xfinity customer service reps who at least acknowledged that the problem is in the Xfinity network, if not able to provide a more detailed explanation or an estimated fix date (other reps fell back to the default of blaming Roku or the customer equipment). For a such persistent (ongoing for at least a week now) and widespread problem, it would be nice if such information were widely disseminated throughout customer service, and then to affected customers. 

-----------------------

Modem/Gateway/Roku device compatibility is not the problem-- not when with all the same devices various workarounds (logging in as a different user, authorizing from a browser tab where Xfinity Stream was previously launched) sometimes clears the problem. You have an issue with stale login data somewhere in the network being used/checked at authorization (see more detailed explanation below). Via these workarounds I was able to clear the problem on all but one Roku device (identical to others in model and firmware/software versions after factory reset), but as of this morning the problem still persists on that device. Don't know if anyone is actively working on the problem, but it's been an issue for at least a week and absolutely is not fixed (at least in my region-- southern New Hampshire and/or New England). 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

Customer service is now citing an "ongoing outage" (no further details) with no estimated fix date. I don't know if this is just a generic explanation/excuse for any customer-reported network problems, or if real how widespread the problem might be.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

I was finally able to clear the problem (for now) on all but one of my Roku devices and (I believe) deduce the root cause of the problem-- stale login data on the Comcast servers. Definitely not stale data on the Roku devices, as factory resets/power cycles were performed.

A couple days before my "outage" my brother logged onto one Roku with his account to watch his To Go channels. Fine, no problem, when he was done I successfully logged the Roku back in with my account. Two days later, all Roku devices were logged out, with only one able to log back in. Finally (with nothing to lose) I decided to log back into his account to see what might happen. After logging out his account from the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku the problem cleared on this Roku as well as 2 others. It still persists on one last Roku, probably because somehow it is still picking up the stale login in the network. As such I am concerned that the problem may reoccur on the other devices if/when they log out again.

Independent of such workarounds, this is still a problem in the Comcast network. Every new login should be a clean one, especially after all in-home Rokus/phones/PCs have been logged out of Xfinity and then logged back in. None of these past logins should persist in the network after a new login is performed.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I too am having this problem.  Only happens on Roku devices as Fire TV seams to be working fine.   I have multiple Roku devices and same issue on all of them.  Put in code, it says success, but Roku takes you back to the log in screen.  Contacted support today and they reset my account but that did nothing, said that it would take an hour.  Rebooted modem, reset roku, unplugged roku etc...  Also tried creating a new account that did nothing either. 

Is there a preferred solution here?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your services! I know I would be frustrated too. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

January 1st 2022, 4 devices stopped working in house using xfinity beta app on roku, at least 2 devices are roku ultras (brand new)...

I believe that it is the server cache issue at Xfinity, cuz I've tried everything else...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hopefully i can get someone to help me with clearing the server on Xfinity server.

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Thank you for the comment, @user_7ea8de. Please send us a peer-to-peer message so that we can assist you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_260a7b

I wanted to check in. Are you still having an issue trying to stream on your Roku device?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’ve been having this same issue since I moved into my new house and transferred my service 12/17/21. I have talked to 4 different xfinity service reps, done all of the trouble shooting possible, and have a case open so someone can “contact me soon”. I spoke to roku and did some trouble shooting to confirm it isn’t them. Now I hate that kid eating a cookie on the Home Screen. I’d love to “Say Hello to Xfinity TV”, I already pay for it actually. It just doesn’t work. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

If you follow the steps above, you can send us a DM with your name and your address and we can work on doing some troubleshooting with you, @user_c733fb!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Looking for help from Xfinity in this forum on this.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Still no luck here from Xfinity support.  I have DM'd them, and not getting any response.  Issue appears to be on certain models as some are working and some are not.  I too am starting to really really hate the kid eating the cookie. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm also having this problem and it started about a week ago. Has anyone successfully had this resolved by Xfinity yet? I read through all the posts and it doesn't appear so. I did all the uninstall/re-install, restarting, moving closer to router/modem, etc. and nothing has worked.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@bkarns510 Hello and thank you for reaching out. I am so sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue as well, and I would be more than happy to help in any way I can in getting you back on track again. To get started, please reply in a private message with your first and last name and service address following the steps below:

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have gotten Xfinity to acknowledge the problem is on their end but I'm still waiting for an expert tech support to "contact me soon." I have an open ticket. I have been waiting for a week. The tier 2 tech support that I talked to acted like he knew what I was talking about when I told him that it was an issue with stale login info or cache that needed to be cleared on xfinity's end. He indicated to me that the expert techs would know how to correct the problem but I'm still waiting to hear from them. This company's customer service is unacceptable. There's literally hundreds to thousands of threads on this board and others about this exact issue, but no one seems to have the exact answer. You'd think a billion dollar corporation would be able to do better.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @Chelsea1988. I appreciate you coming back here to keep us updated. I know this has been frustrating for everyone. I understand you were waiting for a follow up from a recent ticket. How is everything going so far? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityVianney checked in with an agent this morning. Still no timetable. Credits will supposedly be issued once the problem is solved. Not much other info was given other than it's a known ongoing issue with the Xfinity stream app and techs are doing maintenance to try and resolve the issue.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

I can definitely understand the concern, my family uses the Stream app on several Roku devices in our home as well. I'm happy to look into this further on our end. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I keep getting this message: TVAPP00306.  It happens when I try to stream programs on my Roku box.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We can definitely help with this error message you are getting when using your Roku with our stream app. If you have already attempted the troubleshooting steps listed above please send over a private message so we can better help!

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to help with this error code! 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue as everyone else and have been for about a week now. I see we're all being prompted to send a Direct Message, however, I'm not actually seeing a "Direct Message" or "Peer to Peer Chat" icon anywhere on this page. I'm already signed in but there is no dashboard or dropdown menu that I can find containing those icons. 

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Oh, no! I'm deeply sorry that it has been difficult to get a hold of us through a private message. You should be able to see a chat icon, in the top, right hand corner of the web page, and once you click on that icon, you should be able to search "Xfinity Support", and this should get the process started. Please let me know if this was helpful, and we look forward to speaking with you further! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Update: I have now had this problem for 41 days and I have had an open ticket on this issue since 12/31 (nearing a month). I just got off the phone with xfinity and there is still no end in sight. Their answer seems to be “don’t call us, we’ll call you.” I’m sure they have their very best people working around the clock on this. I asked if I should expect a call in another month? 6 months? Year? They told me within the next month. And they won’t issue refunds until after they’ve fixed the problem. Meanwhile, I’m stuck indefinitely paying for a service I’m not receiving. 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_610306

By any chance, are you getting a DRM# error code? If so, please follow the following instructions on to solve this issue.

1. Confirm that you have a supported Roku device and that you are connected to your in-home Xfinity Internet network.
  2. Attempt to access content from the Xfinity Stream app on your mobile device or via at https://comca.st/3AJJnzz to confirm that you are eligible to access Xfinity Stream.
  3. If your Roku device is not responding, restart your device.
  4. If the Xfinity Stream channel is no longer responding, uninstall and reinstall the Xfinity Stream channel.

Error createDrmSession.403-102

1. Sign out of the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.
    • Using your Roku remote, sign out of the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku by going to Main Menu > Settings > Sign Out.
    • You will be returned to the Get Started screen.
  2. Log in to the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.
    • If you're relocating your Roku device, ensure that the new location allows you to connect to your Xfinity Internet service.
    • Go to the main Roku device settings menu by navigating to Settings > Network > Set up connection > Wireless.
    • Select your Xfinity wireless network.
      • Note: Do not select another network, including Xfinity WiFi hotspots or any "xfinitywifi" network that may be available in your home. The Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku is only available through your Xfinity wireless network.
  3. Activate Your Device: Follow the Activation steps in Activating Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku.

*If you are not getting a DRM# error code/message, please let me look at the ticket that was put in for your account. To do this, please send me a direct message with your full name and address. To send me a direct message, please make sure you are signed into the forums, then click on the "chat" icon located in the upper right (left of the notification bell), then click on the pen/pad icon, and lastly Xfinity Support. Thank you for all the time you have already put in to get this resolved. I know how valuable our time is to us. I appreciate you working with us on this. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Update Roku device in system settings. Update required. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Roku device required a system update and now xfinity works

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here