U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 8th, 2024 4:48 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream app not synching with DVR

About one month ago streaming app lost many of my saved recordings,  and then stopped synching with my DVR. I have synched DVR several times from settings. I have deleted and relaunched app a few times. All to no avail.

Please help.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_0d67ad! Thanks for creating a new post about your Xfinity Stream app concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble syncing your DVR recordings to the app, and I would love to see what we can do! To clarify, when you say you've deleted and relaunched the application, does that mean you've only tried force-closing and re-opening the app? Or have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it on your device(s)? What if you log in to Xfinity Stream online, rather than using the app? Can you successfully locate your recordings that way?

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

fyi you're not alone.  using the online streaming portal (web browser) same thing started happening to me a couple weeks ago.  Also my Roku Express (it has an xfinity stream app) is missing the same recordings that only my X1 set-top DVR can see.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @brad_In_denver! Thank you for reaching out to XFINITY over our forums page and for patiently waiting for a response. I would be wondering the same thing if I could not see my recordings from the DVR on the app. We are the right place to go for help. The Xfinity Stream App on Roku is only able to access Xfinity Cloud DVR recordings, i.e., those recorded and stored in the cloud, and not those recorded and stored on hard drive-based DVRs. Make sense? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

On the TV, I deleted the app and reinstalled it several times. 

My phone Xfinity app is also not in sync with the DVR.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_0d67ad Thanks for getting back to us on this and updating us on this! Are the recordings available on the Stream App on your TV different from the ones on your phone? Have you confirmed if your Cloud DVR storage is already full or not? If your cloud storage is full, and you have your already existing recordings set to 'Save for 1 Year', then no new recordings would be added to your cloud and only your DVR box itself since that has a physical storage on it. Since the DVR box itself has more storage than your cloud, not all recordings will be available on the cloud. So, that may play a part here.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

How does one delete or access the Cloud DVR storage to free up space or see if it's full...??

3 Messages

@XfinityKatie​   This has been at issue for me for a year - when is finite actually going to fix the issue?  

We pay a lot of money for a services you don't provide.  I'm supposed to be able to watch TV any place in my house and yet I can't because 30 to 40% of the shows are only available on my DVR. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here