B

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 8th, 2022 12:36 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App not Casting to VIZIO TV with built in Chromecast

I have been streaming live TV to my Vizio TV for months. 

Last night, I tried to cast. It connects, and if I'm fast enough will connect the show I want to watch, but after 25 seconds, it disconnects and returns to the home screen.

I have power cycled my phone, modem, router, and my TV, and even factory reset my TV. I have also searched a lot of the forums, but ultimately nothing works. 

Other apps cast to my TV without issues, so it is not my phone or the TV but appears to be the xfinity stream app.

What is the solution for this? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Was there any solution to the problems? I’m still experiencing this madness! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Still no solution! I started using AIRPLAY.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Gregski29 The issue is on Googles side and they are working with Vizio to try and solve it. No updates for a bit. Here is the issue page you can follow. https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/265178174

@user_45a9e2 
@bdrayer

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Seems like there's no problem with casting to my Vizio anymore.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thanks for the good news!  I'll have to try and see if it works for me too.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here, used to work then does the same you described. May 24 2023, started working again. First time in months. Maybe one or the other did an update

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Xfinitysucks​ yes, I just tried for the first time in months this weekend and it worked! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here