B

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 8th, 2022 12:36 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App not Casting to VIZIO TV with built in Chromecast

I have been streaming live TV to my Vizio TV for months. 

Last night, I tried to cast. It connects, and if I'm fast enough will connect the show I want to watch, but after 25 seconds, it disconnects and returns to the home screen.

I have power cycled my phone, modem, router, and my TV, and even factory reset my TV. I have also searched a lot of the forums, but ultimately nothing works. 

Other apps cast to my TV without issues, so it is not my phone or the TV but appears to be the xfinity stream app.

What is the solution for this? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

XFINITY!

Are you monitoring this thread at all?  We need some answers here, it’s extremely frustrating! 🤬

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Still no answers.  This has been going on since last Wednesday, 12-14.

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hi there @user_4570b8 We would love to take a further look into this for you.

To get started, and to locate the account, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address. Thanks!

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

No we have tried to Direct Message, with no results !!! OUR QUESTIONS ARE NOT BEING ANSWERED, BY YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WE TALK TO!!!!! Are we going to be able to stream from the app or not. Thus is just absolutely ridiculous that we can not get an answer. Obviously Xfinity is not wanting to tell us the truth. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​  why are we not getting any answers. It’s an easy question. Can we stream from the app or not. Why is it not working. We have All obviously tried all the “fixes” with no results. We are all also getting mixed answers from Xfinity. What is really going on? We deserve to have an answer. We all pay a lot of money for Xfinity services. We are not getting the services. That’s NOT OK.  Tired of the run around. Need answers. And I am asking for All of the people in this thread. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_e6d7d1. I can assure you we are always here to help. I did see you created a new post, and I have replied to you there. Please reach back whenever you are free. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the exact same problem, no matter if I stream from an Android or an IOS device. I try to initiized my TV, uninstall and reinstall the apps, reconnect the wifi, etc. and nothing. Ieven called the ViZIO people and they told me it was an issue with the Xfinity app and not the tv.

Could you fix this please.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello all, thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern. We are aware of this issue, and we have our best techs working on this issue as we speak. Currently, there's no ETR on when the issue will be resolved, but we will update this thread as we make progress. Thank you for your patience. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAmir​  still experiencing the issue.  Any ETA?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It is very important for us to have the app working by Christmas and new year- I’m sure I speak for many on here that we were sold on Xfinity for flexibility like casting to TV’s. Xfinity needs to make this right ASAP! 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity has deleted my last two posts on this thread about my issue, and I notice they haven’t posted any more updates.  I guess they don’t like getting real complaints, lol.

I just got off the phone with them, I couldn’t really understand my agent as there was a language barrier. Anyway, she was unable to give me any help with this issue. I explained that I didn’t have any “boxes” and I was relying on the streaming app to get my local TV stations and that’s the only reason I had cable.  Her solution?  Cancel my cable and go with internet only.  I don’t see how that will allow me to watch my local stations but oh well, it’s going to save me $100 a month. I tried to get more answers but I believe she told me they were getting rid of the streaming app.

Also, if I hadn’t called my bill was supposed to increase almost double next month which was a surprise to me as I haven’t received any type of notice that my bill was going to increase. Very frustrating to say the least.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue.  Going on for more than a week.  Other apps cast to my Vizio just fine.  Xfinity disconnects after a number of seconds.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having same issue. Called w no help. I’ve turned tv on/off and reloading app. Does not work. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

@user_82ad73 Thanks for letting us know about the trouble you're having with the Stream app and Chromecast. We'd love to further investigate this issue together. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

All, with the new update with airplay, casting from an Apple product doesn’t work anymore. I was on the phone with Xfinity twice and they “updated” the app. It never worked. I tried airplay and it works. Poorly, but it works. Hope this helps for the time being. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@Lhair123​ 

How are you getting that to work?  I haven’t had any luck with Air Play either.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Lhair123​ 

I can confirm AirPlay works on the updated Xfinity stream app as well, but the picture quality is poor and it will disconnect occasionally as well. I hope they resolve casting with Vizio 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_7a4e9b​ I hope so too. I was told they were getting rid of the app. They were trying to push a new box called Xfinity Flex I believe. The whole interaction was confusing.

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_7a4e9b​ Thanks for the Airplay info! Chromecast not working but Airplay has worked for 5 minutes so far. That's 4 min 45 sec more than Chromecast to my Vizio.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hey All......so still no luck on a fix for android devices. 

Sounds like apple/air play may work, but still sounds spotty. 

I did ask Xfinity in the direct messages I had with them, whether stream "casting" was going away, and they said that "no it is not". 

I will say, I went out and got an Amazon Fire Stick which has the "STREAM" app, and I've been using that to watch XFINITY on my vizio TV. This is not a fix to the current issue, but with ROKU and AMAZON FIRE sticks being on sale from christmas, this was my current solution.

I still stand by the fact that it is is absolutely unacceptable that Xfinity Stream will not cast to the vizio TVs. I don't understand what is taking so long for a fix from the XFINITY side. This is a feature that you promote for customers who have cable service, and yet it is not working. 

Personally, I think that there should be some compensation/refund for all of us customers that this is affecting, since it is a selling feature for Xfinity, and something that a lot of us signed up for cable for. It's also assures the customers that you are working as fast as possible to fix it, since you would have to refund all of the customers that it is affecting.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Honestly the easiest solution was to cancel my TV service and pick a streaming service that had my local channels. You'd think for as much as they make on us as customers they could modernize the software we use and climb out of the early Netflix era.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@yomamalovesmtvraps​ I did the same except I ordered a digital antenna and OTA DVR device to watch and record local channels.

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hello @yomamalovesmtvraps, we also have a great streaming option for customers like yourself who no longer want a traditional cable service. Have you heard about our amazing Xfinity Flex service? It comes with over 15,000+ hours of hit movies, current shows, timeless films and timely updates with Peacock Premium included for no additional cost. The first box is free with every additional cable box being only $5.00 a month. Best of all it comes with our state-of-the-art voice remote to make surfing your favorite apps and channels all the better. When you get a chance please visit https://www.xfinity.com/learn/flex for more information.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hah! There it is right there! They are pushing yet another service and screwing over those that used the casting function from the stream app

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here. Pretty frustrating considering the monthly cost. Is there a solution???

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_4644e3​  No solution. And you can’t get them to even discuss it on the phone. Their solution was to literally cancel my cable service which is kind of funny considering. Also, they told me my cable service was scheduled to double in cost next month and acted surprised that I had not been informed of this. I’m not paying $150 a month just to get local channels.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I know I use my Stream app with several Roku devices in my home. I would be frustrated if they weren't working as expected as well. At this time our engineers are aware of the issue and working to resolve it. We don't yet have a solution in place and I'm truly sorry for the frustration caused. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Still no response from a multi-billion dollar company almost three week later…time to cancel.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_c7fab9​ Absolutely!!

If they didn’t have a monopoly in my area for reliable internet service I would be canceling that too.  They have the absolute worst customer service of any company in the US!! Loll!!!

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_c7fab9 Thank you for reaching out to us. I hate to hear you are experiencing this issue. Here you can find the requirements for the Xfinity Stream app: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements. Vizio is not mentioned as being supported. Please keep in mind, we must have an agreement with tv manufacturers in order to have it be supported. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_58be3a​ you should put "US" in quotes because I guarantee you 99% of their customer service is now over seas

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ wow... what a [Edited: "Language"] response because this [Edited: "Language"] used to work before your latest update

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @brokenpandapaws ,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Community Forum. At this time, there is a known issue with using the Xfinity Stream application and casting to Visio brand TVs. At this time, we do not have an estimated time of when the feature will be restored. We do have many other devices that are supported such as Roku, Fire TV, our Xfinity Stream web portal, application and more to watch that content that you love. If there happens to be anything more we could assist you with, please let us know.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Another case of Comcast Xfinity slicing services while increasing the cost to their customers.  And then they act like they are trying to be helpful, and solve the problem? That is the same thing as getting caught red-handed stealing and still denying it! [Edited: "Language"]  I am in a multi competitor area so I will be taking advantage of my other options while Comcast Xfinity is taking advantage of their customer base. Bye-bye Comcast and Xfinity!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I still can’t cast to my Vizio TV, but I just noticed that I can now stream the Xfinity Stream app to my TV using Airplay on my iPhone.  It finally works now without disconnecting after a few seconds!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having same issue.  Is there a fix?  It was working fine.  Now it's not.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here