B

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 8th, 2022 12:36 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App not Casting to VIZIO TV with built in Chromecast

I have been streaming live TV to my Vizio TV for months. 

Last night, I tried to cast. It connects, and if I'm fast enough will connect the show I want to watch, but after 25 seconds, it disconnects and returns to the home screen.

I have power cycled my phone, modem, router, and my TV, and even factory reset my TV. I have also searched a lot of the forums, but ultimately nothing works. 

Other apps cast to my TV without issues, so it is not my phone or the TV but appears to be the xfinity stream app.

What is the solution for this? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having this same issue, is there a solution?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_3cc108​ no! I am direct messaging with xfinity support now and have been the entire day today. They are saying casting is no longer a feature of the xfinity streaming app. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_1409e5​ then Xfinity owes us some $$$ for us paying for services we are not receiving. I too was just informed of the same and no alternatives or compensation is being offered. l will be looking to cancel all services with Xfinity and it's partners at the first of the year. PS. Reject using any and all biometric services including fingerprint phone or device access. It's a scam and does not truly protect anyone.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue!! I noticed it happened after the latest update on the app.

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Hey @user_6ec2cc thanks for making us aware that you are experiencing similar issues with xfinity stream app. I would love to investigate on our end.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I did this an no one helped me. They said xfinity mobile streaming app will no longer support casting from ANY mobile devices - is this true?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Good to see I'm not the only one having the issue. 

Would be nice if someone from Xfinity would chime in with a potential solution. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello all, thanks for reporting this issue. It appears there has been an update to the app, lease ensure you have the latest firmware installed on your TV. Once you have confirmed you have the most up-to-date firmware on your TV you can remove the app, then add it back to your TV. This should allow the latest version to be installed and should resolve this issue. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

TV firmware has been updated. First thing I tried when I started having streaming issues. 

TV power has been cycled multiple times, restarting and unplugging and waiting a few minutes to plug it back in. 

Xfinity Stream app is up to date on phone, and phone itself is all up to date. I have even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. 

That did not fix it. 

This is a Vizio V405-H9 TV.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@bdrayer Thank you so much for getting back to us with the results of the additional troubleshooting performed after the app updates. I'd like to investigate this further and see if we need to forward any information to our engineers on this specific issue. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ this same issue happened to me right after a TV firmware update.  I believe it to be a new incompatibility that needs to be addressed in the Xfinity Streaming app. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is the third time software updates have caused a casting problem to the Vizio TV.  It generally takes a few days to a few weeks for a software correction to be pushed out.  This event, the M series Vizio will start to cast then fail, the TV software is up-to-date, TV has been power cycled at the outlet, the Xfinity app was deleted, and clean install made on the phone.  Xfinity will not steam to this TV.  On another older D series Vizio, casting is working.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_d9b87b. It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues, or were you able to get this resolved? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Verified at 10:19 EST the problem still exist.  It will start to cast then fail and drop out of casting in 15 to 20 seconds.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Let's start by getting your account pulled up. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue had there been any update or a fix to this yet?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This has been very frustrating I am running into the sand issue has there been any fix or solution to this yet?

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @user_49b74c, thank you for reaching out to us! We will be happy to help with your Stream issue. I just want to check, what troubleshooting steps have you taken on your end? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Just sent in the "direct message" to xfinity support, so we'll see if anything comes out of that.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue. I tried everything, resetting my WiFi, Vizio TV, Xfinity app. Nothing works. Help please!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_ej! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're still having these issues with your TV, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also having this issue with my Vizio TV. I have the latest firmware update, my TV passes the network connection test, and I can Chromecast other Apps to the TV just fine from my cellphone. Just the Xfinity Stream App disconnects in just a few seconds after starting. Super frustrating, because I have no other way to watch HD programing in my area.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @

Did this issue start yesterday for you also? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue... Very frustrating!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_cd705f. I'm sorry to see you were experiencing the same issue with the streaming app a couple of days ago. Are you still having this problem?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Just throwing out an update. Been working with them thru private chat, but nothing they've suggested has worked yet. 

Finally have some solid time to stay on chat with them instead of trading messages, so hopefully something works. 

If anyone else finds a solution via private chat, throw the solution up here so that it hopefully helps all of us.

More to come. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am waiting on baited breath for if anyone figures this out.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is complete [EDIT: Language] ! Same issue…tried for 3 hours to resolve. Gotten nowhere 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is not the first time this issue has happened. Perhaps before pushing updates to the streaming app, ensure you aren’t breaking something! Fix this Comcast, or lose a 7 year customer! 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @MTColo!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so happy to hear from you and want to help out in any way that we can.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to get things squared away.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hi All,

Im a little late to the party but I’m having the same issue, I’ve been casting X1 from my Vizio TV for over a year but last week it suddenly stopped working. Each time I try to cast, the video/audio works for a few seconds then disconnects. 

I updated and reset everything with no luck. 

This is very frustrating considering im paying hundreds of dollars each month for a service i cannot use.

If anyone has a solution for this please share! 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Good afternoon, @user_3c4cbe and thread. I just checked and see that our Engineers are working on this problem. We do not have an estimated time of when it will be working again but will update the thread when we have further information. Thank you for hanging in there while this get resolved. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Anything yet? Stupid that this is a known issue and NO information has been sent out to xfinity customers for the inconvenience. We pay outrageous prices (that go up dramatically every year) and this is what we have to deal with? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here