U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2022 11:19 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App Audio Out of Sync

I exclusively use the Xfinity Stream App to watch TV. I have one TV where I’m using the App on an LG SmartTV. I use app through Roku on the other TV. I experience the audio being out of sync on a regular a regular basis on both TVs.  Other streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, etc… are fine.    It also works fine on my iPad.  I’ve had the problem for the last month or so. Rebooting everything will make it better for a while but the problem will return.  I contacted customer service and they did something to my cable modem but problem came back as well. 

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there and thanks for reaching out! I know how important it is to fix the audio issues you are experiencing! Have you tried updating the firmware on the device to see if this helps? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

All devices automatically apply updates so they are current. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Mine is really bad, and [Edited: "Language"] too, because I was hoping to go wireless in my newly renovated master bedroom, and now I’m most likely gonna have to run a 60 foot wire through my ceiling and walls, and not have the clean look of my bedroom I was hoping for.  I watch a lot of television in there, and I absolutely love how my Samsung smart TV has all the apps.  It makes it way easier than running cables through a condo, especially if you have a nice place and need to have a clean and hidden in-wall installation. I have two small boxes xfinity left for me, and I wish I didn’t have to use them, but the voices out of sync is just unacceptable for me to have to watch. It’s so annoying.  Xfinity needs to solve this issue, and now!  I’ve only had my app going for a few months, and from what I’m reading it’s been years and has gotten worse!   That’s lunacy.  If they say they can’t fox the issue, then clearly they’re trying to sell more boxes or something, haha, because that’s crazy that they can’t.  All the other streaming apps seem to be okay, come on COMCAST!  FIX IT!!  Jeesh. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We definitely understand wanting to use wireless boxes! It really is nice to have the set up without the added connections when you've already got regular TV power cords etc! 
I know that my teammate above had mentioned ensuring that the device firmware was up to date. Have you checked to ensure that the application itself has received any necessary updates, or uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that helped clear up any issues at all? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

My apps are up to date. I tried removing the and adding it back also. Same result. 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@user_58a848 thank you for the update. This is a known issue that our engineers are working to fix as I write this. Have you worked with customer service by chance to open a ticket in order to link your account to this issue? If not, please send a direct message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
 2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 6. Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same issue with audio out of sync.  TV, Roku and xfinity stream app are all up to date.  This has been going on for a very long time though it occurs randomly.  Certain episodes will have the problem.  If I go to another episode that works fine.  If I return to the problem episode it’s still messed up in the same places within the show. I can watch the the problem episodes on my Comcast DVR box wo issues.   Hope this this info helps you resolve this!  Super frustrating as I have 4 Rokus and only 1 DVR.  All other apps have never  exhibited this behavior.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Another observation:  same problem episode recordings have audio issues regardless of what Roku I try to play it through.  Audio out of sync also means I will likely have a playback error failure later with that episode (“This video cannot be played” Error: TVAPP-00331) frequently happens but not always.  Leads me to believe the issue is the recording itself (but not sure why DVR is not affected - perhaps it pulls the recording in a different manner?). Only internal tech staff can speak to this though, since as a customer I have no visibility into how things work “under the hood”.  I hope you find these additional details helpful.

Also, episodes with known audio issues exhibits same behavior on my  Xfinity Stream iPad app as well, so not a problem exclusive to the Roku device/software.  This also seems to indicate a problem rooted in some specific episode recordings.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

I've been dealing with the Xfinity stream app audio out of sync issues since I turned in my digital transfer adapter box and started streaming and casting, Jun, 2022. For more then 8 months, this is an issue that is absolutely terrible and then it will go away, but come back.

I didn't have sync issue with the digital transfer adapter box... Now that I want to stream instead of paying a monthly fee for the box there is a problem!

I've been through 4 routers, 4 or 5 service calls, re-cabled from the street to the splitter, all indoor connections checked, more calls to customer service then I can remember and at least half a dozen or more service tickets, that get closed without the issue being resolved!

When I call customer service my problems don't fit the automated answering system questions so it takes about 20 minutes each of the many times I have called to get to a live agent, who is working in a crowded service center, talking on a head set, that speak English with a heavy accent and so much background noise from other agents that I cant make out what they are saying! Or, working from home with a loud TV and children playing making noise in the background that drowns out the agents voice!

One of the customer service agent asked...  "Who manufactured your Roku device????    WHAT? 

When will this audio sync issue be resolved?

Thanks!

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_aea34e​ 

I am also having an audio and video out of sync issue. Several call to customer service advance technical support which provide no help.

iI have also had 3 at home service calls which were no help. The in home service guy said he doesn’t know what to do about the issue. This this issue is at a dead end.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Pretty disappointing to do a Google search on this error message and find that it has been around literally for MONTHS with no resolution. Sort of like the ongoing "access denied" message that pops up on the website when you try to access your account to do things like pay bills or change plans. According to the employees at one of my local Xfinity offices, they hear about the website issue a lot and have for MONTHS. 

Really Xfinity? I pay a lot for your service, but you can't even write web coding without bugs or without fixing any bugs that do arise? You're an ISP. That's hardly comforting and definitely represents an abysmal level of regard for good customer service. :(

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@cln823 Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. Are you currently experincing this issue? If so, our team can help. To get started, please create your own public post without your account information. Please provide as many details about your experience as possible. Doing so will auto-open a ticket in our system, and we can assist you in the order your request is received.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I have done that. 
Melrita

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

The Roku Ultra Xfinity stream app is now usable.  My connection is wired and every time I use it the audio is never matching.  I have switched to a hdhomerun prime cable card app now which is streaming in realtime now.  Can you fixed the streaming app?

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello, @user_c212e6 I'd like to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing with the Xfinity Stream app. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I just sent a direct message to your team - let's see if you are serious about fixing this issue.

I'll be happy to partake in a live debugging session!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

ok -I wasted 5 hours today on this. Finally, your Advanced Tech Support is telling me that this is a known issue and no fix currently exists! you should have told me that after 3 minutes!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Totally agree. All lip service. They dont want customers streaming. They rather us customers rent a cable box monthly smh

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I've been fighting this issue for months - this is still an issue!!!!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_544316​ is there a real fix besides rebooting the devices?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

today I've tried to reboot the Roku Stream device (I just got it in the hope that would help - no such luck) still the same issue with Xfinity - the rest works just fine

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I just sent a direct msg to your team - let's see if you are really serious about fixing this issue.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

ok -I wasted 5 hours today on this. Finally, your Advanced Tech Support is telling me that this is a known issue and no fix currently exists! you should have told me that after 3 minutest!!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have had the same issue for months….use Roku with Xfinity streaming. Audio falls out of sync. Change the channel, then go back…it is back in sync….only for a short time though.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_eb9981, we appreciate you reaching our team on Forums. We can certainly understand how frustrating it can be trying to enjoy your shows and having a delay in audio. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps? For example: Make sure the firmware is up to date, delete and reinstall the app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityGabby  This audio/video sync issue has been going on for months. It is a hot topic of discusssion over in the Roku Community Forums on a daily basis.  I've had the same exact experience as @user_eb9981 . The firmware on the Roku device is up to date and I am running the latest update of the Xfinity Streaming app on the Roku device.  From what @user_544316 has stated, it appears Comcast Xfinity Advanced Tech Support is aware of the issue and there is currently no fix.  This is a very frustrating issue that is causing Xfinity to lose many viewers as there are tons of other streaming services available on the internet.    

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@f2bme

The issue of the audio being out of sync with your Roku device is an issue that has been confirmed with Roku.  This is an issue that was caused by a software update from Roku. They are away of the situation, and at this time do not have an expected time frame when this will be resolved. From what I understand, there could be a temporary fix by going to Roku-home-setting-network-bandwidth Save - off. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityDaryl​ Sorry but that didn't work....pls advise on another possible fix.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

@user_bd484a I am sorry to read those steps did not work for you. Many customers have reported an issue affecting the sound quality. Audio not syncing with video, Volume instability etc. Roku fix teams are aware of the issue, and are engaged. However, Roku may not deploy a fix for a few months. This is not a Xfinity issue, and may occur with other apps viewed through Roku. Based on the report from Roku, this was caused by a software update to their devices. We hope this gets resolved soon, in the meantime customers can enjoy content using Xfinity Stream, online, and through the app, on a compatible non-Roku streaming device, where sound quality may not be impacted. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Have this same issue and its getting worse (happening more frequently).  Roku Ultra, fully updated, etc.  [Edited: "Language"].  Makes TV unwawtchable.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

use hd home run prime and a cable card if you can get them

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

Well, add me to the already MASSIVE and growing list of users who are experiencing audio sync issues with the Xfinity Streaming app.  I have two ROKU Ultra boxes in two different rooms and the Xfinity Streaming app on both will intermittently deliver really bad audio sync issues.  ALL the other streaming apps on these boxes work just fine.  My cables are perfectly good, I'm running the latest firmware updates on both my ROKU boxes and on the Xfinity apps themselves.  Restarting the gateway box does nothing.  There are hundreds of similar issues being reported all over the place and STILL Xfinity continues to "claim" they know about it, but can't do anything about it!   How is it that every other streaming service DOESN'T have this issue?  It's time for Xfinity to completely redo your streaming app and right now!  If not, I'm dumping you and going to FUBO Streaming Service, which is cheaper than you and offers way more really good channels too!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@MasterYoda Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that you are also experiencing the issue. Roku has made us aware that there is an issue with the latest software update and the Xfinity Stream app. At this time there is not an estimated time for this to be resolved. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​  Thanks for the reply TimothyA.  I tried turning the bandwidth saver feature off on the ROKU, which was suggested by another Xfinity rep (see above).  Sadly, that didn't work, as another customer also said after that didn't work.  I'm glad that Xfinity was able to get ROKU to admit the issue is with a recent ROKU software update.  However, it's distressing to read there may not be a software fix for MONTHS!   I know this won't happen, but it would be great if Xfinity could allow all these affected users to at least "temporarily" rent a monthly Xfinity box without cost until the issue with your streaming app is repaired on the ROKU end.  Yeah, I know . . . that sure ain't gonna happen huh?  I guess I'll have to just rent one of your boxes until your streaming app actually works again with ROKU . . . but a lot of others are going to drop Xfinity in frustration.  I hope Xfinity realizes this :( 

Thanks anyway TimothyA for answering my post.  Please let us all know right here when this is finally fixed.  Have a great day!

UPDATE!:  My new LG G2 77" OLED set is a smart tv that is naturally capable of downloading tons of apps.  I decided to just download the Xfinity Stream tv channel app and now I'm directly watching all my Xfinity channels (bypassing the ROKU Ultra box) and there is no more audio sync issue!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_352ec4, thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. I am sad to hear your audio issues have gotten worse. I would like to take a closer look into this with you. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

178 Messages

1 year ago

Roku did release OS 12 which was supposed to fix the issues, this was released in March, and it did not fix, so Roku has now indicated it is back in the hands of Xfinity. I have been told by xfinity reps in private message that their engineering department is working on it, but apparently it is back to the drawing board.  They have not been able to articulate the stage at which their engineering team is at. So I have no clue if they have even been able to recrate the issue which is the first step, or if they are in recoding of the app, or testing of the recoding however this is currently not deemed a Roku issue and is back to being an issue with the stream app. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I think it may be important to note that this appears to be VIDEO issue, not audio.  When it occurs, you will notice that audio continues uninterrupted, but video freezes for 1/2 - 1 second, putting it out of sync, where it stays.  If the video glitch is resolved, it should never go out of sync.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I think I found the solution. I changed the audio output in Roku to stereo and so far it has worked.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

@user_bd484a​   That's interesting!  I originally had my ROKU Ultra box set to "Auto" as the audio option and was definitely getting the sound lag.  After reading your post, I initially tried the "PASSTHROUGH" setting which didn't have the audio lag for quite a while, but then it returned.  Now, I've switched it to "STEREO".   Sadly, the audio lag returned even faster!   

I just want to remind everyone else (as I did earlier in my original post) that if you have a Smart TV you can download the Xfinity app directly to your set, and you won't have the audio lag.  This bypasses the ROKU box . . . not an ideal solution, but it does work.  It needs to be said . . . EVERY other streaming service works perfectly on ROKU . . . except Xfinity.  It's not Roku folks . . . it's Xfinity!  

It's clear to me Xfinity is treating this issue with little more than an honorable ignorance.  They are "claiming" to be working on this issue . . . they are NOT!   I'll soon be going to FUBO Streaming.  It's cheaper with even more really good popular channels and works perfectly on ROKU!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

I see the same problem with the WebOS Xfinity app and Apple TV app. As others have noted, the IOS app does not have this problem. I'm considering dropping Xfinity all together and going to YouTube TV. The only thing I haven't tried is using ethernet instead of Wifi.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Follow up - using ethernet instead of WiFi, same issue. Now testing fubo - no problems so far. Why fubo instead of YouTube TV? Fubo has Houston area RSN for Astros baseball.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

And Fubo works just fine. Will be going to Xfinity Internet only service and keeping Fubo 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@MasterYoda​ Can't download Xfinity Stream app on Sony tv's but casting from computer or cell phone is a good workaround.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here