djf55020's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, April 20th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Steam Beta on Roku - TVAPP-00101

Yesterday I swapped out my owned cable modem with a new one.   The swap went fine.   Within a few hours each of my 3 ROKU devices running the Xfinity Stream app started giving me the error"  This device can only access Xfinity StreamOn your home Xfinity Wifi.".   I am in my home!  I am connected to the same router as before.   I suspect from my research  here that the modem switch has caused this problem, but I don't know how to correct it.    I've tried calling support but they tell me that because it's BETA they can't do anything.   Any help is restoring my Xfinity Strem Beta on Roku would be appreciated.

Edit:  I looked at my account and I can see that the Serial number listed with my modem is the MAC address of the modem, not the serial number.   When I called back to speak with the agent they said it was set up correctly on my account and was not an issue.  They said if it was incorrect, my modem would not operate.  Not sure if this a problem or not, but it looks wrong to me. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I can’t explain it but by authorizing the Xfinity stream app on the Roku via PC rather than through a mobile device solved the problem of TV APP 10100 error code. It also didn’t work using my laptop only the desk topPC. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Per Xfinity, the TVAPP-00101 could be caused by having more than one account with them. This is the case with me, as I recently added a second account for my rental unit. I logged onto Xfinity, and noticed that the new account was Primary. This account is for WiFi only, and was not the network I was using when I had the issue. I flipped my home account to Primary, went through the login process again, and it worked!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here