U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Apr 30, 2021 9:46 PM

Xfinity App on Samsung TV still says "Beta"

I am wondering when Comcast is going to update the Xfinity App on TVs. My iPhone app was updated recently but the app on my TV still says Beta.

Another thing is that the iPhone app I'm able to find a movie, but when I searched the same movie on my Samsung TV app, it is not found.

I'm sure it has to do with the "Beta" format.

Thanks for your help.

Responses

ComcastJoey

Official Employee

• 

241 Messages

3 d ago

Hello and Happy Sunday, user_f75e18! I hope you’re having a great weekend! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! Going forward, I definitely understand your concerns when it comes to our beta Stream app version approved for Partner Devices such as your Samsung TV. It is true that the beta version does not contain all the same set of features and functionality as it would say on your iPhone device. Regretfully, at this time, we don't have a set date on when we will be out of beta on select partner devices however, you can learn more information about our Stream app in general by following the information provided here: https://comca.st/3ujhdHS. I apologize for any frustrations here and appreciate your interest! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is BS. Comcast does not want to make the app user friendly as people will stop renting the cable box (7.99 month).

New to the Community?

Start Here