Jimdish07's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Wednesday, August 30th, 2023 11:41 PM

Closed

Unable to Retrieve Recordings There was a problem retrieving your recordings. Please try again. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Unable to Retrieve Recordings

There was a problem retrieving your recordings. Please try again. Apologies for any inconvenience.

That's it. Over and over again. On top of that the app has been crashing on windows in Firefox and Chrome. These are all new issues for me but clearly things seem to be getting worse not better. The recordings are fine on mt television. This is a problem as I use the laptop just about every morning.

31 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same problem. On Android and in Firefox. Plus, if I try to click on a show in "For You", I get "Sorry, we're having some trouble."

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_4c21d8​ All browsers and all devices. 2 separate accounts in 2 different States with the same issue. Something is going on with your system at my location. Obviously it's not my account because I've attempted to acces a different account with the same result.

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Digital Care team. You have reached the Xfinity experts who can certainly assist you with retrieving your recordings. Does this issue only occur on the laptop or have you come across this problem with other devices as well?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

All devices. Multiple browsers. Two separate accounts! Level 3 tech support said they found the problem this morning. Had to eventually leave. Came back tonight and same problem. Deleted a bunch of recordings from the Box directly, restarted the system. Same problem. Something is seriously wrong. Finally I tried my phone with wifi OFF. On mobile data same problem. Was finally told other people having the same issue. I wonder if this is systemwide or a local issue. Going to try using a VPN. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Here's what I see every time. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

And yet if a show is currently recording or has recently been partially watched it shows up in a thumbnail and can be watched. But the full list cannot be accessed. Going on day 3 with apparently some unsuccessful attempts to remedy. This is an important part of our service. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

It was re-confirmed over the phone yesterday that there is a problem on your end impacting not just myself but a number of customers. Despite my input, and I suspect a number of others, and extensive fruitless "troubleshooting" and wasted hours on the phone, it appears there needs to be some threshold of customer complaints before a higher level intervention is undertaken by the tech department to solve our/your issue. Something is broken. Something has changed. For 2 weeks now the service has glitched and over the last 5 days XFinity Stream remote DVR viewing has blocked my list of recorded programs. I can only hope that at this point enough customers have been inconvenienced and frustrated that some action will be taken to resolve the problem. At this point hoping is all that's left. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@Jimdish07​ 

Same issue here.  At 1st it was both recording and scheduled recordings.  Now it's just recordings.  

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue for me.  It started yesterday.  After calling support an hour or so later at least scheduled recordings were available.  Not it's just recordings.

Unable to Retrieve Recordings

There was a problem retrieving your recordings. Please try again. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

September 5th and still no resolution. I would appreciate some explanation as to what Xfinity has done or plans to do to resolve this issue. It is not a geo-location issue as a VPN did not impact it for me, and my daughter out of state has the same issue. Also tried this on a separate account in Florida using a FL VPN. Was able to watch Live TV but the Recorded List triggered the same message. Multiple devices, multiple States, multiple accounts. No answers.

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

Hi, @Jimdish07, we definitely want to get this issue resolved for you as quickly as possible. It looks like we have sent you a private message about 9 hours ago, are you able to see that message? If so, we would like to continue working towards a resolution with you in that chat.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

MINE IS FIXED, MAGICALLY.  What about everyone else???

2 Messages

1 year ago

I still cannot access any of my recorded OR ‘MY LIST,’ tv shows or movies on mobile device (I.e. iPad, iPhone, etc)! 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Both the mobile and /stream app are working fine for me now.

They must not have updated the software for the equipment models you have...  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@Jimdish07 I'm glad to hear things have cleared up on your end. I appreciate your patience as we worked to get this resolved. I see others are posting they have seen improvement which is great. If you run into trouble again, you can follow up here or create your own post as well. Have a great day! 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@mikehday​ Mike I can also access my recordings but a freezing issue still happens during playback. Seems odd considering I have a strong connection and this did not happen until recently. Hopefully it clears up or is improved in the near future. Glad we both can use this service again. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@user_0751d5​ 

I used to be able to see all or at least most of my recordings on my iPhone.  It doesn’t help when you count on these recordings but can’t see them.  What good is Xfinity stream.  It only shows maybe 9 out of my 50 recordings.   I don’t  get it.  Been several months on this. I travel and watched streaming all the time.  Now it not worth the time.  Sad .  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@Beam6690 Are you downloading your recordings? Using the Xfinity Stream app, browse your list of completed recordings on the Recordings tab. Select the Download option when looking at the Episode Detail. All downloaded recordings will be shown on the Downloads tab.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

I can now see a list of my recordings at an airport in Florida on my phone. I will check to see you whether this carries over when I return home.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Jimdish07 We appreciate the update. We will keep the conversation in direct message open as well in case you have any other account specific questions before you can check again or feel free to post any updates regarding this issue here as well. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

I was able to start a program stream on my phone at the airport in FL yesterday. Arriving home in CT the DVR list magically reapoeared on my Windows Laptop as well and I was able to select and watch a saved recording. While that issue seems to have been resolved by some update, there is still random freezing on a very strong broadband connection. However it seems to recover after 10-20 seconds instead of crashing all browsers. This is still concerning. Please do not ignore this issue if others are reporting it. So good on 1 of the 2 problems but still not running smoothly. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Jimdish07 Glad to hear that this is now working for you and that you are able to retrieve your recordings. 

Can you tell us a little more about the connection? Picture is freezing up when using the app or the internet connectivity is crashing?  (On all devices, WiFi vs. ethernet, any troubleshooting performed) 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

It is now crashing my browser on Live TV Playback as posted in this thread causing the laptop to restart. My modem is on the same floor about 30 feet from a USB WiFi 6 adapter. Let's be clear. No other media app has this behavior. There is no indication of hardware or software issues on this or any computer or device in my household. There are only 2 of us here and the frequencies are not overused or jammed. The signal is strong I have Gigabyte internet on your latest modem.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@XfinityEva​ When it does this Chrome no longer responds. If I don't close the browser it crashes the browser then restarts my laptop. Very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for those screenshots @Jimdish07! Could you please send us a direct message with your laptop model and what version of its software you are currently using in our open direct message thread?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

And here we go again.  They must be doing maintenance again.  The whole stream website doesn't work now!!

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

The app is going back to some familiar behavior:

This browser has paused playback.

(Error TVAPP-00282)

If left it then crashes my browser and causes a restart of my laptop. This is clearly an ongoing issue for some as other posts are on your forum regarding the issue. I'm having trouble understanding how this could be an issue that has persisted for years. A restart of my laptop is pretty serious, no?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Getting this error now (Error TVAPP-00100).  The app is not even working.  This also means I can't load my email because I need to login to stream to get to my email

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

And it's working again.  I suppose they finished maintenance.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

Seeing Error 00502 which has been posted on other threads. It flashes then loads the "app" on Windows 10. But eventually it crashes chrome browser.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thanks for the additional information and providing us with your error code. Can you meet us back in the direct message, so we can gather some specific information about your devices to help.  

1 Message

1 year ago

I am still unable to access my recordings.  I get the same error message as the original post.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Joyce2468 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? We can certainly investigate this further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

I'm back from a trip overseas and the XFinity Stream "App" is crashing Chrome in Windows as well as Firefox after watching a DVR Recording for a few minutes. This happens on no other website or streaming service. Would be nice if there was some further input, insight or software update to deal with the problem. I just wnt to watch some content on my laptop in my kitchen or work area but that's been impossible for over a month now.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

1 year ago

Same thing today. Given up on DVR recordings because scrolling causes a crash. Regular live programming lasts about 10 minutes. All other functions of my laptop working fine. Opening the app on my new android tablet with the pop out player to see if it makes a difference. 

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@Jimdish07 Our team can help you with your Xfinity Stream app issues today. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

I will do this when I have time on Monday. This is obviously a long running issue and continues to occur on 2 separate laptops running Windows both on my home network. I get about 5 minutes then freeze then crashes browser or restarts laptop altogether. Bad stuff.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

I know it is frustrating to keep running into issues with your recordings like this, but we are committed to getting this working for you @Jimdish07. Our team is available to you everyday from 6 AM - 12 M ET, so just get back to us when you have time and we'll pick up where we left off!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here