U

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 6:36 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00148

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

This just started happening on both of our Samsung Frame TVs. Adding a firestick temporarily as a workaround.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_aacd05 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue on your Samsung TV. We are aware of an known issue and working to get this resolved as soon as possible. We truly appreciate your patience while we get this resolved. Happy to hear your Firestick is workinging the meantime! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

8 months ago

Well, here we are again with another streaming problem. First the CC is always on and now I can't even watch TV unless it's a recorded program. What kind of BS is this? Yes, I need a fork over the $10 a month and get a bunch of boxes in my house huh? I can't wait for this monopoly to end. 

1 Message

8 months ago

It started last night. I did all the install delete reinstall, clear cache, hold power button and QR code and the code to the website BUT, the one time when I installed it and it asked for phone number and password it worked UNTIL I went to test it by changing the channel I was back to the drawing board.  Not sure how to get the app to ask for phone and password but will check with those at X, the only thing infinity about them is the lack of service it is infinite.  The chat and the automated assistance is a [EDIT: Inflammatory]!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_402pcr, I understand none of this is ideal, but our engineers are working on a fix. Is this issue only impacting your live channels on the Stream app for your Samsung TV?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

8 months ago

Same problem here.  All is well on my older Samsung and non-Samsung TV's.  Even did a factory reset on my TV and it still does not work with the Xfinity Stream App.

1 Message

8 months ago

Mine started last night. Worked fine for two years.  Rebooted router, refreshed cable on all tvs, deleted and reinstalled app three times and still nothing.  I doubt they’ll work this out. Calling Xfinity I know I’ll just get the run around and they’ll say it Samsung. App is beta so no guarantees. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_ntuy5b thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with the Xfinity Stream app. We are aware of an issue effecting Samsung TVs and are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can continue to stream on other devices and even cast to your TV. We appreciate your patience while we get this resolved. 

1 Message

8 months ago

Same here. Samsung TV. No service.  I'm about to cancel services  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_mazckb Welcome to our Community Forum and thank you for reaching out so we can make sure you can use your Stream app to watch TV! What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I am having the same issue with our Samsung tv 

5 Messages

Worked last night and this morning it is out.

xfinity this is 2 days with no service, where are the credits on our accounts?

canceling xfi and getting a Roku.

shouldn’t have to deal with days of no service, no fix and no communication 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Any fix for this     Having the same issues

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

@user_5ez4hg​ If you have a Roku, you can add the Xfinity Stream app to watch live TV. Someone in another thread commented that - I did it yesterday and can watch live TV on my Samsung. 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Any fix for this     I’m having the same issue

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Any updates from Xfinity , still is down , I believe they want us ti get the boxes 

5 Messages

@user_ehmjye​ I agree with you! Talked to csr this morning and was advised if I had a box this wouldn’t happen. Bye bye xfinity 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_3fki1e thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account and the streaming issue. I completely understand wanting to get back to streaming your favorite programs. Are you still getting the same error message? Is this only on your Samsung device?

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same here. Been 3 days now

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

I talked to a CSR yesterday and the day before that; they advised me to get a box! No, thank you. I saw someone post in another thread that you can add the Xfinity Stream app if you have a Roku. I did and can watch live TV again. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same issue continues today- still getting error TVAPP-00148.  I uninstalled and reinstalled app, turned off TV but nothing works

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 months ago

Same issue…tv app error and the closed captioning issue is bonkers…

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_9f0bce. Our engineering team has been working on this issue since we were made aware of it. Are you still having problems with the app on your Samsung TV since you posted?

37 Messages

8 months ago

Anyone notice that there has not been 1 comment by an Xfinity employee on this thread?  Look at the other threads out here and you'll see that they comment on virtually every one....except this one.  This is a waaaaay bigger problem than they want to admit.  I guess they assume if they wait long enough it will go away. Jeesh.  Update.  go ahead and just try to look at your account or billing info on their web site.  It's hosed too.  This is absolutely crazy y'all.   I filed a complaint with the BBB.  

(edited)

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago on recent Samsung. Any help from Xfinity ? 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

8 months ago

I wonder how many people have Samsung TVs ? We might be all screwed for awhile here , going on 3 full days , this is insanity 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_nd7g8n, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. We are aware of a known issue since the latest Samsung update. We are working with their team to get this resolved as soon as possible. At this time, I would recommend using another device to cast to your TV or continue streaming. We truly appreciate your patience.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here