U

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 6:36 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00148

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

4 Messages

9 months ago

An update -- Weird thing I can use the Xfinity stream app to display a channel lineup, select the channel/show I want to view, record the show, and later watch it in the app.   I spent 4 hours in an online chat with a Xfinity service tech and went through a series of actions with him, all unsuccessfully.  The tech was patient and constructive, and then kicked off a one hour series of "advanced troubleshooting techniques", which did not resolve the issue of the TVAPP-00148 error.  A tech from a different level of support, who was constructive and helpful, called me and tied my open issue to a group of 72 others for the same issue with the app on Samsung TVs.  In the meantime I ordered a Roku device (stick).  I know the Xfinity stream app works well on Roku devices.  Good luck to all!

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_3g6xxa​ they are saying it’s a Samsung issue 

37 Messages

They are most likely right.  I've spoken to samsung several times today and keep getting "let's troubleshoot your tv" for the 10th time.  I even had an engineer remote into the TV.  This is a problem with their latest update (Samsung's) and they are taking 0 ownership.  I'm guessing as soon as enough people gripe that their expensive Samsung's won't work, maybe they will fix it.  CALL SAMSUNG and gripe!

2 Messages

it works with a firestick

2 Messages

If xfinity cannot fix the Samsung problem they will lose many many subscribers

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_3g6xxa!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can with this issue.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team and we are going to do everything we can to get things squared away.  

I am glad to hear that you were able to receive assistance from our advanced support team.  We are glad to go over what was done and provide any additional assistance you may need.  I see that you have sent us a message and we will be following up with you there.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

9 months ago

iPad works. 2 Samsung TVs cannot stream Live TV. Streaming other content in the Xfinity app works. I saw an updated message when I opened the app so I think the app auto updated and the new version is broken on Samsung.

37 Messages

@user_9kkzgf​ The SAMSUNG OS updated, not the app.  That's why it's broken.  I just put a roku stick in my tv so I can use it.

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

Hey, @user_9kkzgf! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are having this issue with the Xfinity Stream app. We would like to have a further look into this. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I’m having the same issue and Comcast is next to worthless addressing the issue. I’m so tired of Comcast! 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I have this issue on a new Samsung. Worked until 1/17/24. The older Samsung works fine, running through a 4K Roku.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

I’m on phone with Xfinity now , it’s an issue with new Samsungs

37 Messages

Good luck.  It's all new Samsung tv's....mine quit working when Samsung pushed an update last night.  I spent over an hour with them and an hour with Samsung.  My tv still doesn't work.

5 Messages

@user_mq9mk6​ Mine isn't working either..I have a Roku stick how do I use it?? Can you help me?

8 Messages

9 months ago

Having the same issue.  Was working all day yesterday then suddenly TVAPP-00148.  Tried resinstalling app, powering on and off, changing wifi networks, restarting modem/router...nothing working.  Its on a samsung frame tv....i tried a soft reset by unplugging the Samsung box even over night.  I cleared the cache of the xfinity stream app, power cycled it again, logged out and in again. Works on our other Samsung frame tv for live tv but not this one.  

5 Messages

@TG89​ I belive the app is corrupt 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I am also having this issue on my Samsung Art TV.   I have the full complement of XFINITY Services (Cable, Internet, Mobile and Streaming).  Xfinity, do you have a fix for the streaming issue or do we all just need to look for a different service?

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@rschutte52​ agreed huge problem , all of my TVs are working but the Samsungs 

5 Messages

@rschutte52​  Same here! I spent all day yesterday trying to get the streaming fixed. I worked with 5 different xfinity techs and not one could help me. When I woke up this morning I had a text asking if it was fixed. I replied No and got a call from a tech that said it was my Samsung TV. Tired of Xfinity!

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

9 months ago

Thanks everyone for posting.  Keep it up.  I've tried everything and nothing works.  Like many of you I have a older samsung where the app is working ok but the newer samsung in our living room is not.  Went through every suggestion and nothing.  Get on it Xfinity.  for nearly $300 a month for your triple play you need to take care of business.  

3 Messages

9 months ago

I am having the same problem. Samsung did an update overnight.  Guess Xfinity also needs to do an update!

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

9 months ago

Hey Xfinity you better be monitoring this page.  You have a lot of [EDIT: Language] customers right now.  Get your act together

(edited)

3 Messages

9 months ago

I just got off the phone with Xfinity (1/18/24) and the rep advised that it is a known problem and their engineers are working on it.  It's only on some Samsung TV's but not all.  There is no current ECD for the problem to be resolved but the agent gave me a 3 day refund.  I'd rather have the app work.  

9 Messages

Same. I wish that they had lead with "National problem"! After all the [Edited: "Language"] fixes they gave me I have to sign back in to all my apps. 

(edited)

5 Messages

@user_0pybk7​ thanks for this

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Same issue here for second day. Restart modem/router. Deleted app. Reinstall app. Hour on chat. Said they'd resolve in hour. Somehow they have left 3 voice message on my mobile, and phone has not rang. What [Edited: "Language"] Xfi it. Also still have u resolved issue with closed captioning opening e ery time I access streaming(when it worked). That CC issue has been worked on over a month now. Still [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

How did you turn it off? I have same issue as well as ERROR TVAPP-00148. I have called xfinity multiple times. They act like I am the first one to call them.

5 Messages

@knowaczark​ Same! We wondered why our tv always turned on CC when streaming xfinity app. Going to get rid of Xfinity...not worth the trouble anymore. Shouldn't constantly have this problem with a service I pay so much for.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Our engineering teams are aware and working towards a fix as quickly as possible Some Samsung smart TV customers may receive TVApp-00148 errors when attempting to tune to linear channels in the Stream app. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, @user-71291.

3 Messages

9 months ago

Great point.  I have been having the issue with closed captioning for several weeks.  I never related that to the Xfinity app but I should have.  

8 Messages

9 months ago

I also have close captioning issue.  Subtitles disabled for tv and xfinity stream app...yet it still does subtitles on every tv.  This live tv issue for samsung tvs needs to be fixed asap.  Why do we pay 300$ a month for a streaming app that seems to be no better than a beta model that they charge full price for as if its a polished working application.

37 Messages

Same...That's been going on for a few weeks.

9 Messages

9 months ago

I just spent 20 minutes with customer service, a real, live human. Went through all the fixes again with no success. Was told it's an ongoing issue system wide since yesterday. I received a case # and was told it is being worked on and tech support will contact me within the hour for an update. Best I could get from Xfinity. Trying to contact Samsung now.

37 Messages

I didn't even get a case number.  Lucky you!

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_he863n​  I don’t believe it’s Samsung , I believe it’s an Xfinity issue 

5 Messages

@user_ehmjye​ yes… I think Xfinity needs to provide a new app for downloading on Samsung

9 Messages

@user_ehmjye​ you're correct. Current xfinity app is incompatible with post 2021 Samsung sets. Working on problem but no time frame for fix.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Do u know how to delete the app from Samsung ? They said delete old one and put new one on 

37 Messages

9 months ago

Having the same issue as of this am.  Samsung tv.  Can't watch live tv.  Recordings DO work.  Xfinity, you need to fix this!

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Does Xfinity monitor this blog ? I wonder how many customers are affected 

3 Messages

I’m affected too. Can’t get a technician on the phone 

2 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ 

I recorded the local news and play it while it’s recording to be able to watch “live “ tv

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here