U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, April 11th, 2023 4:19 PM

Closed

Turning on closed caption

Been through every menu.  Where do you turn on closed caption.  No way this was omitted because having it is federal law

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_853df8, thanks for taking the time to reach back out to our Digital Care Team. This is a great question, and we actually offer more than one way to turn on/off Closed Captioning. Please follow this link Turn Closed Captioning On or Off on X1 - Xfinity Support, to learn more about those different options. As a basic guide,

Turn Captions On or Off Using the X1 Accessibility Settings Menu
To access Accessibility Settings:

1. Press the B key on your Xfinity remote to reach Accessibility Settings.
2. Press OK to toggle Closed Captioning On or Off. If choosing On, then proceed to Closed Captioning Options and select your preferred settings (font size, color and formatting).

3. If you’d like to choose your own font size (small to extra large), background and window styling options, select Custom in the Closed Captioning Style field. If you wish to receive the Closed Captioning style chosen by the programmer for easy reading, switch the style to Auto.

4. Press Exit when finished. You must change the channel for the changes to take effect.

Please note if you’re using any third-party applications within X1 or Flex, most of your accessibility user preferences will not be observed once you launch the app. However, you can enable the app’s own accessibility features, which will vary within the app.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ 

This is the streaming app not an STB.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you so much for the clarification.  I see a few days have passed since we last spoke.  Has this issue resolved itself?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

​... Where do you turn on closed caption. ...

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-mobile-apps-closed-captioning and/or https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xtv-web-setting-accessibility-options.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here