In_The_Lou's profile

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024 2:06 AM

Closed

Trouble streaming with ALL of my Roku devices (2 TVs and 1 Roku 4k Express)

Problem started last Thursday, Dec. 28,  2023. All of these devices had been working prior. Seeing this Xfinity Stream app display when attempting watch any Live TV channel: This Video Cannot Be Played We've run into a problem while streaming. (error: TVAPP-00116)

I have a Samsung TV and 2 Xfinity mobile phones that also started having the same/similar streaming issue at that time. However, these devices started working again on Friday, Dec. 29 , 2023 and Saturday, Dec. 30th, 2023.

The Roku Channel - Xfinity Stream app version is 6.14.0. Have tried removing/re-installing the Xfinity stream app and re-booting Roku devices.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

Amazing, my 3 Roku devices are now working again as of Tuesday, Jan 2, 2024 at 10:31 PM CT. I did nothing on my end. Does Xfinity have an explanation?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there @In_The_Lou thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with your Roku. I am happy to hear that everything is now back up and running for you. It is possible it was an issue with the firmware. Is everything still working properly for you? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

There were no changes to firmware and reloading firmware or rebooting the Roku devices did nothing.

1 Message

9 months ago

I am unable to stream the xfinity streaming app on any of my Roku TVS.  I receive an error code and it states I am not connected to my home network which I am.  I had deleted app reinstalled it.  Restored TVs to factory settings and I had a tech out and was told it is how it is and could not fix it.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_k79vn5! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Xfinity Stream app, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here