U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 9:21 PM

Streaming app issues on iPad with M1; video freezes audio continues with recordings

I am having many issues with the XFinity Stream app on the 11-inch iPad Pro with the M1 processor, but largest issue is the video is constantly freezing while audio continues on when watching recordings.  (Note, I have not tried live TV yet, just talking about recordings here).  How can I resolve this issue?  I have logged out, I have restarted app, I have restarted iPad, etc, but the issue continues to occur very frequently.

Thanks!

Responses

Official Employee

• 

199 Messages

1 m ago

Hello @user_862717 , thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues watching DVR content on your iPad. You've reached the right place! I would be happy to look into this for you. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be when trying to watch your favorite shows! When this is happening, are you on cellular or WiFi? Are you able to test your recordings on your TV by chance to see if it's happening there too? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityMikeB thanks for the response!

I'm on wifi, recordings work on my TV and PC, seems unique to the M1 based iPad.

Official Employee

• 

199 Messages

Ok got it! Have you also checked to see if the Stream app needs to be updated or the firmware on the iPad needs to be updated to the latest version? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having the same problem.  Video freezes but sound continues.  Restarted Ipad, downloaded latest ipad update, cleared all apps, checked for app update and nothing works.  I even downloaded the video to ipad thru the app and that freezes too.  Please address this problem and fix.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I’m having the same problem and it’s been occurring for months!

Official Employee

• 

172 Messages

@happymabby so sorry to hear you're having the same issues with the video freezing on the streaming app. Just to confirm with you, is this only occurring on your iPad? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

16 d ago

I’ve been having the same issue. Has there been any resolution?

Official Employee

• 

2.8K Messages

Hi everyone. Thank you for posting here in the Community. We can help! Please confirm if this is occurring on DVR playback for all of you. If not, is it live TV or on demand content?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityMorgan

This problem has been occurring for many months and has been reported in this forum and elsewhere on the Internet.   The video freezes but sound continues.  It occurs  both on my iPAD and on my iPHONE .  I've restarted each device, downloaded all the latest IOS updates, removed and reloaded the Xfinity app, I have the latest Xfinity app update and the problem still occurs.  I even downloaded the video to my iPAD thru the Xfinity app and that freezes too.  It is clearly some problem between Comcast and IOS. 

Other streaming services including HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and Peacock work just fine.  Please address this problem and fix.

XfinityAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.5K Messages

Hi Gabriellaindigo, we would love to help :) To better assist you could you please send us a private message by following the steps that valerie provided? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Yes, I have followed the instructions provided by Valerie.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Resolved yet? I’m still having same issue 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

15 d ago

I'm another one having same issue only on iPad. Can see video and hear audio fine on pc

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 d ago

Any resolution?  Only on iPad. Only with xfinity DVR recordings. 

Official Employee

• 

176 Messages

@user_5a541c I would be happy to help and look into your concern. send us a direct message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send a Private Message, please click on the link  https://comca.st/3BHQo3x to initiate a live chat.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 d ago

When will this issue be addressed and fixed? I have several examples saved on my IPad and iPhone Xfinity app playback “saved” area. This failed service occurs intermittently without warning rendering the recorded program unwatchable due to the frozen video while the audio continues. If you are unable to correct the issue, at least warn   customers that this is a failure on the part of your streaming service. Otherwise long standing customers like me will continue to waist time trying all the self help troubleshooting steps you regularly ask users to perform. In addition, if you are unable to fix this system defect, customers should receive a credit on their monthly bill.

Official Employee

• 

172 Messages

@user_5ff79c Sorry to see that you are having troubles with the Streaming app. This is not what we want to see! Just to confirm with you is happening while connected to your home network or cellular? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 d ago

Same problem here! This is not the first time I have reported it, and it has now happened 2 days in a row, different programs, different channels. I’m on WiFi, and I’ve literally tried the same fixes everyone else here has. This has got to be resolved.

Official Employee

• 

309 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing, @PlayItGrand. We have had some success with deprovisioning devices and refreshing the account, so please send over a direct message, using the instructions below: 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3FXaCZB

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3mYqUc1 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 d ago

Same here.  I’ve seen posts about this online as far back as a year ago.  Why is t this fixed.  Please post the resolution in the forum so we don’t have to DM and spend 30 minutes explaining it again.  This thread collectively explains the issue very well. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I was on a chat session with Comcast for over 2 1/2 hours.  The issue still hasn't been resolved because I'm still experiencing these problems!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 d ago

I too am having the same issue on my iPad Pro. Works fine on tv.  Been going on for months. Is there a fix?

Very frustrating.  Please resolve.  

New to the Community?

Start Here