U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, September 10th, 2021 9:21 PM

Closed

Streaming app issues on iPad with M1; video freezes audio continues with recordings

I am having many issues with the XFinity Stream app on the 11-inch iPad Pro with the M1 processor, but largest issue is the video is constantly freezing while audio continues on when watching recordings.  (Note, I have not tried live TV yet, just talking about recordings here).  How can I resolve this issue?  I have logged out, I have restarted app, I have restarted iPad, etc, but the issue continues to occur very frequently.

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_862717 , thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues watching DVR content on your iPad. You've reached the right place! I would be happy to look into this for you. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be when trying to watch your favorite shows! When this is happening, are you on cellular or WiFi? Are you able to test your recordings on your TV by chance to see if it's happening there too? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityMikeB thanks for the response!

I'm on wifi, recordings work on my TV and PC, seems unique to the M1 based iPad.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Ok got it! Have you also checked to see if the Stream app needs to be updated or the firmware on the iPad needs to be updated to the latest version? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having the same problem.  Video freezes but sound continues.  Restarted Ipad, downloaded latest ipad update, cleared all apps, checked for app update and nothing works.  I even downloaded the video to ipad thru the app and that freezes too.  Please address this problem and fix.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

I’m having the same problem and it’s been occurring for months!

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

@happymabby so sorry to hear you're having the same issues with the video freezing on the streaming app. Just to confirm with you, is this only occurring on your iPad? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’ve been having the same issue. Has there been any resolution?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi everyone. Thank you for posting here in the Community. We can help! Please confirm if this is occurring on DVR playback for all of you. If not, is it live TV or on demand content?

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityMorgan

This problem has been occurring for many months and has been reported in this forum and elsewhere on the Internet.   The video freezes but sound continues.  It occurs  both on my iPAD and on my iPHONE .  I've restarted each device, downloaded all the latest IOS updates, removed and reloaded the Xfinity app, I have the latest Xfinity app update and the problem still occurs.  I even downloaded the video to my iPAD thru the Xfinity app and that freezes too.  It is clearly some problem between Comcast and IOS. 

Other streaming services including HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and Peacock work just fine.  Please address this problem and fix.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi Gabriellaindigo, we would love to help :) To better assist you could you please send us a private message by following the steps that valerie provided? 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Yes, I have followed the instructions provided by Valerie.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Resolved yet? I’m still having same issue 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I'm another one having same issue only on iPad. Can see video and hear audio fine on pc

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Any resolution?  Only on iPad. Only with xfinity DVR recordings. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

@user_5a541c I would be happy to help and look into your concern. send us a direct message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send a Private Message, please click on the link  https://comca.st/3BHQo3x to initiate a live chat.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

When will this issue be addressed and fixed? I have several examples saved on my IPad and iPhone Xfinity app playback “saved” area. This failed service occurs intermittently without warning rendering the recorded program unwatchable due to the frozen video while the audio continues. If you are unable to correct the issue, at least warn   customers that this is a failure on the part of your streaming service. Otherwise long standing customers like me will continue to waist time trying all the self help troubleshooting steps you regularly ask users to perform. In addition, if you are unable to fix this system defect, customers should receive a credit on their monthly bill.

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

@user_5ff79c Sorry to see that you are having troubles with the Streaming app. This is not what we want to see! Just to confirm with you is happening while connected to your home network or cellular? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here! This is not the first time I have reported it, and it has now happened 2 days in a row, different programs, different channels. I’m on WiFi, and I’ve literally tried the same fixes everyone else here has. This has got to be resolved.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing, @PlayItGrand. We have had some success with deprovisioning devices and refreshing the account, so please send over a direct message, using the instructions below: 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3FXaCZB

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3mYqUc1 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here.  I’ve seen posts about this online as far back as a year ago.  Why is t this fixed.  Please post the resolution in the forum so we don’t have to DM and spend 30 minutes explaining it again.  This thread collectively explains the issue very well. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

I was on a chat session with Comcast for over 2 1/2 hours.  The issue still hasn't been resolved because I'm still experiencing these problems!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I too am having the same issue on my iPad Pro. Works fine on tv.  Been going on for months. Is there a fix?

Very frustrating.  Please resolve.  

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Greetings, @user_efb779! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with trying to stream. We would like to see if we can get this resolved for you. As mentioned above we have had some success with running a refresh on the account and would like to see if this will fix your issue. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_efb779 

I have also been having this problem for awhile now; finally got upset enough to search to see if others are also having the problem. 

I have deleted and reloaded the xfinity stream app to now avail also power-cycled the ipad.  I have a 5th generation iPad.

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Oh, no! Thank you for bringing this to our attention through this Forums thread, and thank you for your continued patience, while awaiting our response. I understand you've been experiencing some streaming issues, when trying to stream our service through your iPad, and I can definitely imagine the inconvenience behind this. Rest assured; you're with the pros, and our Digital Care Team is here, every step of the way!

Before we proceed, I'd like to take a deeper look into your account. To do so, can you please click on the chat icon, in the top right hand corner of your screen? Once you've clicked on the icon, you can search for "Xfinity Support", which will then give you the ability to send us a private message. Can you also please include your full name, and full address? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to speaking with you! 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityMichaelC I was on chat with Xfinity for 2 1/2 hours.   The refresh did NOT fix my problem!

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

HI there, @Gabriellaindigo, thank you for letting giving us an update on the results of that refresh. We would like to ensure we get to the bottom of this issue with you. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue when trying to watch shows  downloaded from DVR to my iPad. The video will freeze but the audio continues. If I really want to watch the show I wait until I’m back home and then return the unwatchable show to my DVR and then it works fine. But the moment I download it back to my iPad it will freeze again. This has been going on several months and is hit or miss. 75% of the time I have issues the other 25% of the time I have no issues and I’m able to watch the show on my iPad without it freezing. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey there, @user_99e24f. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through Forums. We know how frustrating it can be to experience issues with the service. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here for months. It’s ticking me off. And then it makes the entire app unusable for a while. It’s pointless to have xfinity at this point for me because I only watch recorded or on demand and only on my ipad. This has rendered xfinity useless for me. And please don’t reply asking me to send a private message with my issue. Everyone on here is saying the same thing. Fix it. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issues happening on my iPhone and iPad. It's been happening for months. Can't you post steps here?

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityValerie I appreciate your offer of asking me to contact you again.   Please let us all know if you have been able to fix this issue for anyone other than doing a refresh (which did not work for me).   If you have, please list the steps here.   

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi everyone. Please post your model of device and the browser version that you're using when experiencing this trouble with the app. While there is a trend there, there hasn't been a known issue identified, so we'll need to continue gathering info in order to narrow things down. The reason why we ask for direct messages in many cases is so we can attempt necessary troubleshooting, which both can lead to creating a ticket in our system that our engineers can use to help identify and declare area-wide issues and things of that nature. For this particular topic at this time, we don't have a designated set of steps for you to take beyond what Gina mentioned. For now, it's recommended that we attempt troubleshooting on our end and then go forward with opening a request as needed. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate you bearing through the process.

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

No browser since it’s an app… but no matter what I use it’s broken. The same broken show works on the Xfinity cable box. The iOS stream app freezes.

(iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, M1 iPad Pro, iPad mini 5th gen, iPhone 8)

(always latest iOS version) 

(always latest Xfinity stream app version)
I don’t have an android device to try. 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

I do see you stated you have the latest version of those devices. Would you be able to confirm for our records, it is at minimum the iOs 12.0 or later? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes. iOS 12+  Currently iOS 15.0.2

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I just tried this on the LG TVOS Xfinity Stream Beta app and it works. (This is the app on my LG TV, not iOS or cable box)

I did notice that the playback on the TV app stuttered right where the IOS app freezes. The tv app recovered but the iOS app does not. This sounds like an issue with a key frame that’s not being handled correctly with the iOS app. You need your iOS team to look into the issue and/or whatever team works on encoding the video files for later viewing. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This problem has been going on without resolution since 2020.  How long do the Xfinity engineers need to identify and declare an area-wide issue?  Xfinity being sorry and the users being patient has not solved this ongoing failure.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue on iPad Pro and iPhone. Starts playing fine and then if you try to fast forward it freezes the picture but the audio is unaffected. Very frustrating to see so many posts regarding the this issue with the app with no fix yet. Please make this a priority to resolve ASAP!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue, with iPad Air 2 IOS 15.0.2 and iPhone 11 Pro same IOS .. using the Xfinity app.  It works fine on the box. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here