U

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, March 9th, 2022 1:36 AM

Closed

Streaming app freezes

When is the streaming app freezing going to be fixed?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, I am happy to look into this for you! Are you using our mobile app or the beta app for smart tv's?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityAnthonyT​ 

beta app on smart TV

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_872525! Are you still experiencing trouble with the app? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

It is the Beta streaming App for smart TV’s

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Thanks for letting me know @user_9582bf! When was the last time you were able to access the app without any freezing issues occurring? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue for me. Happens on both of our IOS devices. The audio continues but the image freezes. I find it humorous that xfinity support continues to ask questions about the issues users are having as if there is something new to uncover. Read the posts and pick up an iPad and try it for yourselves. The recording playback feature does not work properly and it’s a problem with YOUR APP. We’re switching to another streaming service

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I apologize for any frustration, @user_9b75d9. We continue asking questions and getting tickets opened until we see a resolution or that the issue is known and being worked on at a higher level. I am seeing this is being worked on by our Engineering team. The issue shows it is affecting the app but not the Xfinity Stream website if you want to view the content that way instead as a temporary fix. We will continue to watch this and update the thread when we see the issue is resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Obviously this is not a priority issue for the engineering team. Look at how long it has been a problem for many users. Also, your comments about the problem not existing in the website stream are inaccurate. I can tell you with certainty the same problem exists in the website stream as in the app. I have experienced the problem myself in the app and using the website streaming. You say the engineering team is working on the issue. Can you provide a rough estimate about when this will be resolved? Maybe a link to documentation about the problem and what's being done to correct it. 

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

Hello, @user_9b75d9, great question! At this time, we do not have an estimated repair time. We can continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as we receive them from our engineering team. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

I get tired of watching the spinning circle pop up 4-7 times during a 45 min TV series episode.  I pay for the "up to" 900 mbs speed but seems to still happened.  It happens mostly with the Xfinity Flex box though the Roku and Firestick.  For my trouble shooting it is the wireless bandwidth that is having issues.  My VoIP phone will still work when I have wireless drop at my desk (I do Teams or Zoom calls and will drop all together or have to close video due to poor internet quality message which is very frustrating).  I have contacted support several times, it is pretty much same response - rebook your router (V7 version) and then they want to update the signal, seems to help for a couple of days then back to spinning circle or complete lock up the video stream.

So Xfinity what is the solution or how much bandwidth do I need to have a reliable video stream?

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Streaming app is a disappointment 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hey there @user_c162c3, we appreciate you reaching out. We always want you to have the best experience possible when using our Xfinity Stream app. Are you running into a certain issue on your end at the moment? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here