mblackwe's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 1:37 AM

Closed

Streaming app doesn’t allow me to view last viewed channels

When using the Xfinity streaming app on my 2023 LGOLED television, when I try to look at the last viewed channel the Xfinity app just goes into a searching mode. If I try to go back to the main menu or the home screen and select Xfinity streaming app again it just goes into searching mode and never comes out. If I try to go to the mini menu on the right hand side of the screen and select the channel, it stays in a searching mode. What I found is I have to log out of the app itself and sometimes most times turn the television off and wait a minute and go back in  just to change a channel. I’m looking for some help 

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

8 months ago

mblackwe Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Xfinity Support,

<EDIT: Removed Personal Information>

Please let me know if you need more  information to resolve this issue. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I believe that this issue might have started right after Xfinity made a change to correct the Closes caption issue that was happening EVERY time the Xfinity streaming app started up 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@mblackwe We would be happy to assist you with this ongoing issue with your account. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already to resolve this issue? I do not want to repeat any steps you have already tried.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

I have tried the typical troubleshooting steps. I’ve unplugged my modem. I’ve unplugged my router so I have rebooted both of those devices. I was currently on a couple of weeks away from the house so I unplugged all of my televisions also so they have been rebooted yet. I continue to have the same problem if I’m watching a channel and I wanna go back to a previous channel on the remote, I would hit down arrow to see last viewed, and when I would try to go to that channel, I end up with the dots in the middle of my screen just waiting until I find I have to reboot the television again   it’s quite annoying trying to go from one television program to the next because you have to turn your TV off and wait for Xfinity stream to reload in order to do it. Please contact me with more steps

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

mblackwe, It might be a good idea to let us run through more troubleshooting steps with you. Could you send us a DM with your name and full address, so that we can take a closer look at your account? 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here