B

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 1:06 AM

Closed

Stream Beta App constant intermittent audio and connection dropouts

I've been having this problem for awhile, and it's getting worse. No other app on my smart TV (Roku TCL) has these issues.

The Xfinity Stream Beta app and only the Xfinity Stream Beta app has intermittent audio drops on every channel. This happens about every 2 minutes for a few seconds. When it gets really bad, it also drops the connection entirely and buffers for a few seconds before reconnecting, often returning to the moment in the program where it cut out. 

All firmware is up to date. I have rebooted the router and uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times, especially in the last two days to fix the TVAPP-00100 issue.

I have contacted phone support three times without any resolution. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

200 Mbps plan

Motorolla MG7700 modem/router

Roku 49S405 TV

Problem Solver

• 

370 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue. It's happening with ABC. I got annoyed so I switched to another app to watch something else. I have a Roku Express. I'll need to check if it's all the channels, but I don't think it is. EDITED: Just checked and only ABC so far. I installed the ABC app and registered it with Xfinity. Problem does not exist.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue. Also with ABC. No other app has this issue so it’s not the tv or sound bar. Tried logging out and back in but same issue. All software up to date too. Started this maybe a week ago? Roku Premiere 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

370 Messages

3 years ago

As a workaround you can install the ABC app and register it with Xfinity. Problem does not exist there. Xfinity needs to address the issue with the Stream app!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue on every channel while Roku and samsung tv to do not drop at all.  Please beta folks, address this QOS streaming buffering issue.  It is your network that is carrying Xfinity stteaming

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here. Any channel I access using Xfinity Stream Beta (thru both Roku Premiere-LG 4K Ultra tv & Roku Streambar-Vizio tv) drops the audio for a few seconds, multiple times every minute. I've taken all previously suggested troubleshooting steps ... primarily to uninstall reinstall Xfinity Stream Beta, as well as to make sure Roku platforms are updated/restarted.

Why isn't Xfinity tech support addressing this issue?? Seems obvious that the issue lies with the Xfinity Stream Beta app. What is Xfinity doing to fix this problem that has been reported by multiple customers??

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Good morning, @Ralljtall, and thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums page regarding the Xfinity Stream app losing sound intermittently. I love using the Stream app when my kids or hubby are using our main TV and I want to watch a game or movie instead. Plus I love taking it with me when I'm traveling and never missing an episode of my favorite shows!

I noticed that you've mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling the app and making sure your platforms are up to date, which is perfect! Have you also already attempted to reboot your modem and ensure your coax to your modem is secure? Since the Stream app is an internet-based app, this issue could be the result of an issue in your internet connection, so this would be an easy way to rule that out.

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for your reply, XfinityMacey. I've done all the steps suggested but without success. I went so far as to completely factory reset my Roku, which is the ultimate "hail mary". This morning (9/27/2021), audio continues to drop. Also, lip sync is way off, even on commercials. I am currently watching the CW which is local news here in Spokane.

Are Xfinity developers actively working these problems?? I can always revert to the old school rabbit ears antenna for local stations, but that would be a last resort.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi everyone. For those of you that have completed the troubleshooting mentioned above (uninstalling the app, reinstalling, updating firmware on TV even if other apps are fine, checking/securing connections. If you continue to experience audio trouble and have already posted within this thread, feel free to send us a DM with your name and address- we will likely need to open a research request for you. 

To send a direct message chat:
First ~ ensure you are signed in. You will then see a chat icon toward the upper right corner of your page. Click that icon or follow this link: https://comca.st/3dymapU.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Stream app beta is useless when watching live programming or live programming that was recorded.  Literally pause 4-10 time per minute for 1-2 seconds.  Xfinity - please tell me how to correct.  Before you start, I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  My tv has a hard wire connection to the router I rent from you.  Internet speeds on all divides are very fast, and no problem streaming on any other service.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMacey​ 

It doesn't happen with other apps. I'm paying 200 dollars a month for xfinity. The app goes down at least 10 times a day. Sometimes for 10 minutes.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

Same issues here while using the Xfinity Stream Beta on my LG TV's. I have been experiencing significant buffering and freezing on ABC channel. While there is occasional buffering on a few other channels, it is a regular thing throughout the day on ABC. Comcast claims that cable boxes are no longer required for viewing live TV, but I may have to go back to renting boxes if these type of issues continue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here. ABC will drop out and buffer but other channels I lose sound for a few seconds. Xfinity, please address!

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

@user_05fe11 I have a repair ticket with Xfinity over this issue. The first rep who called me wanted me to do  some things like unplug the modem and streaming device. I was on the road at the time. However, I told her that I had already done all those things including uninstalling/reinstalling the app. I have an appointment to be called in a few days by a higher tech support rep. I’m wondering how this could be an equipment issue when my problem mainly has to do with just ABC’s signal. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem as well. It's been happening since I started using the streaming app a coupe years ago. 

It's all the live channels but mostly ABC, as that's all I really watch. It is extremely annoying when my local news is saying something important, and I can't hear them.

This happens on both my Roku Ultra's.

Problem Solver

• 

370 Messages

3 years ago

The problem is resolved. Received a PM from Xfinity confirming this. Both my Roku and Samsung TV are working without issue on ABC. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

The technician showed up and said he was told I had an internet problem. I explained that my internet was fine and that I was just having a problem with a few channels on the Stream App, primarily being ABC. He told me that Xfinity’s website wasn’t set up properly where you can specifically report issues with the app. He submitted a report to the app engineers regarding my issues and I now have a functioning ABC channel. The other two channels, CW and KTVU Plus, are also    functioning better. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I started having this problem on two TVs this week. One with Roku Stick + 4k and one with Roku Streambar. I just tried the Xfinity  Stream app with the my Fire Stick 4K on one of the same TVs. No sound problem. Is this a Xfinity Stream on Roku issue?

Problem Solver

• 

370 Messages

@Kho80t Was not related just to Roku. With ABC mainly on different platforms. Some were reporting issues on all channels. Check to make sure your apps and software are up to date on all affected devices. If you are still having problems, I would direct message Xfinity Support for assistance on this forum.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@Kho80t

If you have no audio when connected to HDMI cable (which is happening with Adobe Flash 27.0) 

1. Go to https://comca.st/3Fy8HdJ.
  2. Click Reset Flash License Files.
  3. Clear browser cookies and cache.
  4. Quit the browser.
  5. Relaunch and log in to Xfinity Stream.

If you are having an issue with no audio when connected to Bluetooth speaker/headphones 

1. Pair your device.
  2. Clear browser cookies and cache.
  3. Quit the browser.
  4. Relaunch and log in to the app

If your situation is different than those two issues, please send me a Direct message with your full name and address so I can trouble shoot further with you. To send a Direct Message, make sure you are signed in, and click the chat icon located in the upper right (located left of the notification bell), then click the pen/pad looking icon, and lastly Xfinity Support. Thank you for your time. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hello Please Help

I recenty switched my service to Xfinity Streaming App to cut cords and cost.

I have been experincing a freezing/pausing on all three tv’s which are Samsung.

I called Xfinity and we confirmed that all cables were good to the modem.

I replaced the Xfinity Modem and deleted and downloaded the Xfinity App again.

Is there a Xfinity Engineering group who can assist with this issue it’s happening on all my channels.

It seems to be an Internet connection issue any suggestions this is driving me crazy.

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hi there, @user_18bb23. Thank you for your comment.

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have an LG and I have the buffering/delayed signal issue, as mentioned above. I have deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity streaming app, I’ve reset tv to factory settings, replaced the modem and increased mbps to max available and the problem is still happening. 

it doesn’t happen on my Sharp or Phillips tv’s when using the xfinity streaming app. 

Also, it does not buffer/delay when I use Prime, Netflix, Disney, etc. apps on the LG tv. It only happens when using the xfinity streaming app, on the LG tv. 
Please help. Where can I send a dm to get help?

Thanks!

Robb

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_36310a! Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forum! I can definitely understand how frustrating it would be to have these issues when trying to stream and this is never the experience we want for you. It sounds like you've already completed a lot of troubleshooting and we appreciate your willingness to continue working with us. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity Beta constantly buffing. I have unplugged, uninstalled reinstalled, rebooted everything and still buffing. Please help it's annoying not to mention I'm paying for this annoyance!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I'm experiencing it on the Roku Streaming Stick 4K while watching a recorded ABC show as well. I was able to watch the same recorded program on my X1 box without any issues. I have extremely high speed internet and am not experiencing this problem with the Hulu, Netflix, HBOMax, Apple TV, Amazon Prime or Disney+ Apps.  This is definitely an xfinity issue and I'm feeling annoyed that 4 months later after multiple reports of this issue, it still hasn't been corrected and the blame is being shifted to a faulty connection. This is not an internet connection issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

jcraja

Here is the good info and suggestions to fix many issues with beta app on Roku-

https://xtrium.com/xfinity-stream-not-working-on-roku/

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us and letting us know about the trouble that you are having with the Xfinity Stream App on your Roku device. I use the app on my Roku devices all of the time and I can only imagine how frustrating consistent drops can be when trying to stream. Can you tell me if you have tried any of the following troubleshooting steps and found any changes when attempting? 

Is your Roku device connected to your home network? It may be connected to the hotspot. It is important to ensure that it is connected to your private wifi the same as your cable connection. 

Have you attempted to hardwire the connection and noticed the same issues? 

Have you disconnected and reconnected through the app and roku device? 

Have you attempted to restart the Roku device and noticed any changes when you are experiencing trouble? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here