T

Saturday, July 29th, 2023 1:44 PM

Closed

Stream app won't open, it just keeps buffering.

I downloaded the stream app about 6 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working. It just keeps buffering. I haven't changed anything in my account or how I'm connected to the internet or my laptop. 

I'm connected to with a cat 5E ethernet cable from my router to my laptop with 940 MBPS download speeds so I know it's not slow internet or WIFI.

My laptop is a new Dell with a 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900H. So I know it's not minimum requirement thing.

I've tried to uninstall the app but I can't find it, it's not in my apps folder. I read that you have to go to settings in the app to uninstall it but I can't because it WON'T OPEN!

I'm getting very frustrated and want to know how to either fix it or get this crappy app off of my laptop.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Timothysoup and thanks for your post. When you are using your Laptop there is not an app for the Xfinity Stream. With the Xfinity Stream portal (www.xfinity.com/stream), you can watch Xfinity On Demand content on your computer while connected to any internet connection. 

Here is more information about this: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-website

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here