J

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 6th, 2022 11:36 PM

Closed

Stream app only displaying the TV TO GO channels

I installed Xfinity Stream app on my Fire TV stick, hoping to be able to watch my full live TV channel line up when the TV is not near any cable outlet. However the app only shows less than TV GO channels while I got the Popular TV package. Same thing happened to http://xfinity.com/stream/listings

I called customer service and they said the stream app or web streaming is not supposed to show the full line up - which is inconsistent with what I read here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-app-on-amazon-fire and here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-before-install , both reassured that the whole channel line up is accessible.

BTW I can watch everything through the TV box, the TV stick and computer are connected to the same Xfinity network, and I'm able to watch live stream from the TV network (such as ESPN and NBC) with my Xfinity username and password.

Can anyone help?

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @jy46duke1  thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. I see that you are not able to watch all channels in your package through the Xfinity Stream app. You should be able to watch all the channels available in your lineup. Do you get an error message on the other channels?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityStephanieT​ Thanks for replying, there's no error message, the Stream app only shows 14 or 15 TV GO channels, most of them with the name "Stingray", here's what I experience:

- TV Box: full line up

- Stream app: 14 or 15 TO GO channels only, most of them with the name "Stingray"

- xfinity.com/stream/listings: TO GO channels only

- Website of TV networks like espn.com: able to watch by providing my xfinity account / password

None of the cable outlet in my condo sits in where I want to put a TV, so I really need to get this fixed. Thanks,

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@jy46duke1 Thank you for that information. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

My xfinty tv app isn’t allowing me to use/view most of the tv-go channels away from home(not on my WiFi). Yesterday I was able to watch ABC,NBC, espn,tnt,tbs, bbc and many others. Now I can only view them on my home WiFi. What happened to all my tv-go channels?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_42e945​ same thing happened with my streaming app capabilities.  No longer can see such channels as TBS, Discovery, Weather Channel, etc.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Or if they are even going to fix it? Freakin better fix it. Football season is about to start!!! Lol 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem. Looks like the app had an update that I pulled down yesterday (iOS). After the update, I show 1/4 (maybe less than 1/4) of the TVgo channels than before. 

note: not on home network

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_KRH​ 

yeah [Edited: "Language"]. What’s the points of only being able to view them from home WiFi? If I’m at home I’d just watch my tv not my phone!! They really need to put it back the way it was before. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_KRH - You've reached the right team for help! To begin, can you please uninstall the Xfinity Stream app download it once more, and let us know if it helped? Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same thing here-Most of my TV go channels disappeared, says that I can only watch them in the house? Where did all my TV go channels go to?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I did try watching the streaming TV shows with my laptop. It seems that the number of channels available outside of my home Wi-Fi net work on my laptop has been unaffected. But I get nearly nothing on my iPad or my iPhone

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Does anyone know when this will get fixed?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Also having the same problem here. I want this fixed! :(

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been having the same problem for 2 weeks. I can only access ON THE GO while I am in my home. I have removed the app several times, I have reset the modem and nothing helps. Today I tried to access the account via the internet and all I got was ON THE GO. Is there a fix?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_fb279e. I'm sorry to hear you ran into similar issues recently. This thread was related to a known issue we had months ago that has since been cleared up. I understand, however, you are having the same problem now. If you are connected to the home network, you should have access to your full channel line up. I would recommend creating your own post as well, so we can help with your specific account/services. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

this problem is back 11-23-22

Visitor

• 

1 Message

having same problem.  of course, CBS is not an "on the go" channel so no football.  guess I'll try watching thru local connection.  maybe they trying to force us to buy other streaming services.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I just had the same problem, tried numerous things including re-installing the Xfinity stream app on the fire stick.  This problem was happening on four TV’s.   I unplugged or dropped the power to the fire sticks on four TV’s and it resolved the problem….. for now

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

We can help nip this in the bud, @MickyMc.

If you don't have an X1 TV box to perform a System Refresh, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh, we can help by sending a few signals to your account. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

•    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue - 23-Nov-2022.  Xfinity support is acknowledging there is a problem on their end and they are working on it.   Only time to resolution they can give is 24-48 hours.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@Jkoco17 Are you still having issues. If so can  you send us a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here