U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, October 26th, 2023 4:44 PM

Closed

Stream App Not Working on iPhone

I have been having an issue with the Stream App on my iPhone for months now. I have contacted customer support through chats and by phone and nobody has ever helped me. They don't understand what I am asking, and after multiple calls day after day, they just start giving made up answers because they don't know how to fix my problem. My Stream app works perfectly fine on my smart tv at home and on my phone when I am connected to Wi-Fi. When I am not connected to Wi-Fi, the shows I try to watch that I recorded don't play. The app will take forever to load and if you get the show to play, the app just closes. On occasion, I will get a "playback error TVAPP-00352". Other times, it will just keep skipping to the beginning of the show and then the picture freezes, but the sound keeps playing. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, logged in & out, turned my phone off and on well over 20 times over the months but nothing ever works. I was told by 1 rep that they see an issue with the signal from the app to my phone and that it was the app that was the problem. Another re told me that's not something they can see. I have gotten ZERO help from customer service and have spent hours on the phone in total. This is the most frustrating situation I have ever experienced with this company. Please help me fix this issue.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 months ago

@user_3c4538 Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our Community Forums Team. I can see how this would be super frustrating, and I want to be sure we get this taken care of for you. Looks like you have a few different issues, but they are all interconnected. If you switch off your home network, and on to cellular, you may have to go into the app and switch to "use cellular data" under the settings menu. Sometimes this is a manual change, and will not automatically switch over by turning off Wi-Fi on your phone. Additionally, not all channels can be accessed outside of your home network, while we do have a pretty wide content outside your home; it's possible if you travel too far outside your homework the channel you are trying to connect to may not be available. I'm including the latest device requirements, so you have that accessible as well. May I ask what kind of iphone you have? 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thank you for responding. My cellular data is turned on. The trouble I have is when I am watching shows that are recorded. It’s not live tv. The live tv option only works when I am connected to my in-home WiFi. I don’t use the app on my phone when I am home. My device meets the requirements that you shared as well. I watch the recordings when I am on break at work and have been for over 3 years with no issues. Until about 5 months ago. My phone is the same phone I’ve had as well. It’s an iPhone 11. Per the link you attached, it meets all the requirements as well as the app requirements. I’m currently having the same issue as I type this message. It only happens with the Stream App. I can use every other streaming app just fine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you, [Edit: Name]. I am going to refresh your account. This takes only a second to complete, then we need you to test your app again. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Ok, I’ll check right now. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I’m still having the issue. It starts the show and a few minutes in, the picture freezes and the app closes. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for letting me know. Have you tried to sync your DVR to the X1 service? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here