sadcustomer2's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, August 6th, 2024 3:20 AM

Sound cuts out on MSNBC with Xfinity Stream

I have had this issue for more than two months; the audio frequently cuts out. This occurs on my iPhone, and iPad. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled the app and powered the devices on and off. I have moved closer to the router. I can't tell you about other channels. 

Is this a known issue? It's really annoying as it happens quite frequently.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, sadcustomer2, thanks for your reaching out through Xfinity Forums. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your sound issues. Are you only having issues on your iPhone and iPad? Is that the only channel you are having issues with audio? 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Hi,

I also noticed it on CNN. 

I don't use these devices to stream other programs, and I do not stream on my TV. 

Thank you for looking into this. 

Official Employee

• 

730 Messages

Thank you so much for clarifying that for us, sadcustomer2! Have you cleared the cache/stored data on both of your devices and then attempted to log back into the App? What other channels are effected?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I deleted the app which cleared all of the stored data.

I noticed this on MSNBC, and CNN as I previously noted. 

It does not occur on CBS. or PBS, as far as I can tell. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening and thank you for reporting back to us @sadcustomer2, we appreciate it! Thank you for confirming it happens on MSNBC and CNN but not CBS or PBS. I know you stated this occurs on the stream app, have you also tried streaming on our online web portal https://www.xfinity.com/stream/? Does it happen there as well? Have you tried restarting your devices as well? 

We appreciate you working with us and look forward to hearing back from you so we can troubleshoot further and help get your concerns resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I've done all of the above as stated several times. 

The Xfinity stream wont even open on my laptop.

Maybe you can do some trouble shooting yourself!

I can not give tyou anymore information, but this is becoming unwatchable.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here