U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2022 2:10 PM

Closed

SNY APP

How come XFinity is not listed as a TV provider in their app. They said to as your provider I pay for SNY would like to use the app when not at home to watch my teams

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @user_b34b41, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. While we’d like to make all content available to customers through network streaming apps and websites, we may only do so when we have an agreement with the networks. If we don’t have an agreement with the network, we’re unable to provide you access to their app or website, and, therefore, Xfinity will not appear as a service provider.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

So get with it and reach an agreement! The same thing happened when Mets games were on the NBC Sports App. No agreement so Xfinity was not listed as a provider.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ I pay for SNY and good money monthly for service get the deal done

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

I understand where you're coming from @cyberpuppi. Agreements with programmers expire from time to time, and we do our best to reach a fair deal that makes sense for our customers. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

How does it not make sense for your customers but does seem to make sense for all other providers’ customers in this area? What makes us so unique that Xfinity is protecting us so well from a bad deal?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJennifer Xfinity is owned by comcast, which owns SNY and NBC, why does every other cable company offer access. Should I go back to verizon so I can stream everything? Let me know, because I miss their service. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The other major service providers in the NYC area have all reached agreements with SNY. Come on XFinity...step up to the plate!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

First MSG and now I can’t use the sny app? I am getting tired of xfinity 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I live in Princeton,NJ and not only can’t I download the app, you took WPIX off the channels offered.  This means that local over the air Met and Yankee games are not available

but you do give us infomercial WOR!    Get on the App and bring back WPIX (just like you have all the other NYC and Philly local stations)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_3e9674​ I also live in Princeton [Edited: "Language"]. Yep, it’s the third season that we can’t watch Mets and Yankee games on WPIX, and now we can’t get the SNY app. Given all the other providers that have deals, [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"]. (They also took NFL Red Zone out of its sports package and stuck it in some package no one wants). 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

2 years ago

I certainly understand how frustrating it is when you can't watch your favorite networks at the time and ways that is most convenient for you. Whenever we renew our programming agreements with TV networks, we explore the possibility of increasing accessibility through network streaming apps and websites, as well as through On Demand. 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ When is Xfinity’s contract up with SNY?  Since Xfinity‘s parent Comcast owns an 8% stake in SNY these terms be easily easily renegotiated If all parties involved were motivated to do so? 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Exactly, this has nothing to do with an agreement with sny. Comcast has chosen not to allow TV Everywhere and limit our ability to watch many channels out of our home. Why?  Along with not getting MSG anymore my  bundle bill of $230 a month is far too much when I cant watch Rangers and Knicks at all and now cant watch Mets on SNY out of my home as my friends who have Verizon and Cablevision do.  This is a long standing policy that needs review and revision by Comcast.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

@nygfan11​ And not being able to watch the WPIX games on weekends that I have watched all my life. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I see that I’m not alone. C’mon XFINITY!  It’s bad enough that you pulled WPIX from the lineup but now that SNY is offering the app enabling viewers to watch Mets games on both SNY and WPIX, XFINITY is not even listed as a TV provider. This despite being told that paying for SNY would allow me to watch on the app. Step up your game XFINITY and get this resolved…by tomorrow!  DeGrom and Scherzer are both on the mound on WPIX. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I think my time with xfinity is quickly coming to an end.   We lost an entire season of msg, lost over the air baseball last year with WPIX taken away now we can’t use the SNY app and the answers here are non answers

the best advertising for Hulu and YouTube TV is xfinity’s inability to provide channels people want

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

2 years ago

https://www.change.org/XfinitySNYNBCSportsapp Here is a petition for you Xfinity to make a deal with SNY for SNY streaming I have over 400 signatures for. Listen to your customers

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Comcast needs to strike an arrangement with sny or you will start losing comcast customers tgat want to watch the 2022 Mets March toward a championship

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Hi! Thank you for your message. We appreciate the feedback. The networks decide what they will air due to rights of that network. I apologize for any troubles. I know regular season just kicked off. We will do our best to show as many Met's games as possible.

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

You need to make a deal to allow your customers to use the SNY app and Stream Mets games  In and outside of their homes. You would think this would be easy considering Comcast Owens 8% of SNY Nothing is ever easy with Comcast Always having to make things a lot harder than they have to be to try to bargain down a price. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Me too done with xfinity 

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityMiguel​ This is not true, please get a real explanation from someone who knows why at Xfinity.  Xfinity chooses not to participate in TV everywhere and limits many channels that we pay for from being watched out of home. Please get a real answer. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Too much money and the xfinity employees dancing around the questions saying we do our best…. Show us, get it done  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is absurd. I agree. Solution now Xfinity!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Phish says mets and knicks now thank u

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

If this isn’t fixed I am done with Xfinity. Can you please leave our regional sports area please!!! Stay in your worst sport teams area of Philadelphia. I missed the Rangers and now you’re f’in with the Mets. Get out of here, fix the problems or I am done. I pay too much to not get what I want and every other service offers. Your not protecting us, your only caring about your own bottom line. This comes down to your own company greed and could care less about your customers. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Seriously enough is enough. Too many streaming options out there. Bring back msg and the mets or we gotta walk

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hey there @user_bf89bf! Thank you for reaching out here on our Forums page. I am sorry for any frustrations that this has caused, at this time we do not have an agreement to provide content from SNY. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Seriously enough is enough. Too many streaming options out there. Bring back msg and the mets or we gotta walk

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here