U

Sunday, September 10th, 2023 11:22 PM

Closed

Save favorites in Xfinity streaming with fire stick remote

How to set favorite channels on Xfinity Stream app on Firestick?
Add a Channel to Favorites: Does not work.  Below is the answer from support that does NOT work. 
Press the left arrow button on the remote to highlight the channel and press OK. Use the right arrow button to highlight Favorite. Press OK on the remote to add the channel as a Favorite. 
Can you give this a try and let us know if it worked for you? This does not work, please provide a method that works. 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Based on the forum results in search this has been an issue since streaming started and no fix can be found. 

1 Message

9 months ago

Yes, worked today. I was able to add and remove favorite channels. 

1 Message

9 months ago

I followed these instructions and it does not work on the firestick remote using the firestick/Xfinity stream app. Navigating through 1000 channels is difficult so making a channel favorites list is crucial.

Official Employee

• 

985 Messages

Hello @wburk, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the favorites list, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

Seriously xfinity very basic function!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_q6ph99,

Thanks for reaching out through our Xfinity Community Forums. If you are experiencing any issues, please leave a descriptive post so we can review and see what options we have to assist. We hope to hear from you soon. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 months ago

Comcast seems to have a lot of trouble giving intelligent advice on adding favorites to its Xfinity Stream app for the Amazon Fire Stick.  As far as I can tell, you cannot do it through the Xfinity Stream app itself.  However, you can do it if you in 3 other ways.  If you have a Comcast box in your house, you can add it using the Xfinity remote.  The second way is through a Xfinity mobile app.  The third way is to log in to your Comcast account on the a PC and select streaming.  A lot of the misinformation from Comcast seems to be confusing the Fire Stick remote with the Xfinity cable TV remote.\

Favorites are associated with your Xfinity TV account, so once you are able to add a favorite in one place, it will appear everywhere.

It seems that Comcast should put just a little bit of work into updating its Xfinity Stream Fire Stick app and add this basic functionality.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@msea​ 

I should have added that the more significant convenience issue is there is no number pad for entering a channel selection.  With hundreds of channels, this is very inconvenient.  And it does not help much to simply having a favorite you can go to as there is no way to move up or down a channel.  What is really needed is a remote control similar to a TV remote to search and select channels.

1 Message

7 months ago

This process does not work with my firestick and xfinity streaming. I'm at a loss.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_iz4dyd​ 

Have you confirmed that you can create Favorites in in your Xfinity account independent of the Fire Stick (you can't create the favorite with the stick).  After you create a favorite using the Xfinity clicker with your TV or online, it takes a while for the Favorite to appear in the Xfinity Stream app in the Fire Stick.  I assure you it works.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you for your feedback about the Xfinity Stream app on the Firestick, @msea! I checked on my Firestick and do not see an option to add a Favorite channel either. I can add shows or movies to My List but nothing to Favorites.

You can use the search button at the top of the menu to find specific channels but I also understand you may want to jump to a specific place in the guide. I like to start at the beginning of the movie channels and work my way down.

We will submit this feedback to the proper channels to have it looked into further to see if we can get that added.

Official Employee

• 

682 Messages

@user_iz4dyd Were you able to try the suggestions @mesa provided? Let us know if you're still having any issues. 

2 Messages

6 months ago

*** SOLUTION***

I was following this thread since I too was struggling but just figured out a solution!  Since we're using the Firestick to access Xfinity and since the Favorite Channels are associated with the Xfinity Stream App, the only way I was able to get it to work is to log on to Xfinity Stream on my PC (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings/favorites) or the app on my mobile phone.  You can easily search for channels and flag the star favorite by doing the following:  

Under Live TV, select Favorite Channels. 

Click Find and search for the channels you want to add. 

Click the star. 

Go back to the Firestick and look under the Favorite Channels - it's there!  

1 Message

@user_tl3qch​ Thank you I tried this and it worked!!!!

Official Employee

• 

754 Messages

@user_tl3qch thank you for taking time to follow up to let us know this worked. 

2 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​ - Suggestion - maybe out these instructions under a FAQ since many are struggling with favorites on the Fire Stick!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here