U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 8:42 PM

Closed

Safari 15 cannot open Xfinity stream on the iMac

It hangs on the buffering screen when I try to stream Xfinity TV on the Xfinity website.  Only occurred once I updated to Apple's latest browser, Safari 15.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hi there @user_3fbbd5!  Thanks so much for reaching out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum!  We are so glad to hear from you and ready to assist in any way that we can.  This issue is one that we are aware of since the most recent update from Apple.  With that being said, we are waiting for Apple to provide the patch that fixes the current issue that people seem to be having since the recent update.  At the present time, it is recommended to do a recovery reboot that restores Big Sur 11.6.  With this temporary fix, it is advised to not download Safari 15. Once we have the permanent fix, we will be sure to update you.  

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem. Hopefully somebody has an answer or suggestion.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here as well.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Experiencing the same problem. Cannnot get past the buffering page.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_431dcd Thank you for reaching out to let us know you are also having an issue since the update took place. 

Can you please reach out through private message (by clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the page) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same problem.  Urrgggghhh

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same Problem/ trying to access live streaming icon on top bar only hangs trying to access the channels.

ty

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the same problem.  Streaming on my iPhone & iPad work perfectly, but MacBook...nothing. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi there @user_3fbbd5!  Thanks so much for reaching out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum!  We are so glad to hear from you and ready to assist in any way that we can.  This issue is one that we are aware of since the most recent update from Apple.  With that being said, we are waiting for Apple to provide the patch that fixes the current issue that people seem to be having since the recent update.  At the present time, it is recommended to do a recovery reboot that restores Big Sur 11.6.  With this temporary fix, it is advised to not download Safari 15. Once we have the permanent fix, we will be sure to update you.  

This reply has been converted into a comment
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here and am able to open on safari 14, so it seems a safari 15 issue 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same issue on MacBook Air.  Safari 15 running on macOS Big Sur 11.6.  Pleas fix this Xfinity!!

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

@W.L.Oakley Not XFinity’s fault. This is a bug in Safari 15.0.  It’s fixed in 15.1, which you can download now

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Please provide the link for downloading Safari 15.1.

Thanks you

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

3 years ago

Yes. Many people have complained on Xfinity Community Support page. I spoke to Xfinity and was told it’s an Apple issue. I spoke to Apple... Other streaming sites work on Safari 15.0 only Xfinity gets stuck after you input the password …it’s hung at > connecting your services…

Xfinity Streaming stopped working after the Safari 15.0 update. I’m also using macOS Big Sur 11.6. Yes, it’s no longer working. Many people are working from home and streaming. This was a big loss and I hope they get a fix for it. I currently have 3 case numbers one with Apple and 2 with Xfinity.

It's really disappointing when you speak to Apple or Xfinity and they act like they were not aware of the issue.

• Xfinity and Apple need to collaborate and fix the issue.
  • Xfinity needs to send out information pertaining to the issue.
  • This is a Critical issue.  Many users are working from home and rely on Xfinity Services.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It appears to be a Safari 15 issue. I had a similar experience when visiting www.adp.com the way I fixed it, clicked on Safari from Menu Bar then select "Settings for adp.com" then unselected "Enable Content Blockers". When I did the same steps for xfinity.com it did not fix the issue however because the behaviors were similar, I think there is something to do with a security setting within Safari. I figure xfinity probably has something which Safari deems insecure. The fix might sit on the shoulders of xfinity, not Apple.

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @Amsterdude! It seems we have had quite a few customers with issues after the Safari 15 update. Are you still experiencing issues with the Stream App? Have you uninstalled and installed the app to see if this helps? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing with Safari and Chrome on Mac, also with Firefox on a PC. Works on iPhone Safari browser.  Apple's reply is that if you're getting an Xfinity error code, it's a problem with Xfinity.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I too am having the same issue.  with Safari 15.  Cannot get past "Now connecting to your entertainment experience"

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @JDcubed. Have you tried fixing this by doing a recovery reboot that restores Big Sur 11.6? If not, give that a try but do not install Safari 15. Xfinity Streaming is now working again using Safari. We know this is a temporary fix until Apple is able to fix the bug. Please let me know if this works for you.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

have same issue re xfinity tv streaming on MacBook 11.6 following recent update.   Using updated Safari @15.0.  Streams fine on iPad on Safari.  Can stream xfinity tv on Firefox & Google chrome no probs.   Just spent an hr w/ Apple & removed all blocks/cleared history w/ no change.  Advisor said call Comcast about possible interruption in this service.  Then checked this forum & see i have a lot of co. w/ this issue!  Could be an Apple prob or both Apple & CCast.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

same!   spent an hour on phone w comcast.  nothin!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @Lizamae93, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. At this time, it is recommended to do a recovery reboot that restores Big Sur 11.6.

With this temporary fix, it is advised to not download Safari 15. We truly wish there was more than a temporary fix to provide for this issue. Currently, we are waiting for Apple to provide the patch that fixes this issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Are you going to explain how to do a recovery reboot?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem with Safari 15 on my iMac. Xfinity Stream does work on my iPad which has the new iOS 15, including the most recent Safari version for iPad.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_2abcf6, I love the Stream app and use it every day, so I can appreciate the urgency to get this backup and running. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working on getting a fix on this soon. Can you please try to run access Xfinity Stream through a different browser and let me know if that works? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMarcos Hi, I am having the same issue where Xfinity stream won’t work on Safari on my MacBook Air ever since I updated to iOS 15; however Xfinity Stream will work on google chrome on my MacBook Air.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos I have been having the same problem with Safari.  Xfinity streaming does work on my MacBook Pro using Google Chrome.  Just not using Safari.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcos  yes it works fine on Google Chrome & Firefox on MacBook 11.6 version!  Just problematic on Safari 15.0 following update.

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your stream issue using Safari. Currently we are aware of this issue and are diligently working to ensure a resolution. Currently the work around is to use a different browser. I can certainly understand the frustrations around this issue and not being able to use one of our favorite features our streaming services. We are dedicated to ensuring that we reach a fix and resolution to this. At this time I do not have an update to provide nor an estimated time for resolution, please know that we want nothing more than to get this service working for you as quickly as possible. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns and we would be more than happy to assist.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem with Safari - cannot stream Xfinity.  I can stream just fine when using Chrome - clearly an Apple problem.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@luhlfelder Also free Friendly Streaming App

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMarcos I have same problem, it works on Firefox but not on Safari nor Chrome with latest Mac OS (neither 11.6 on Intel Chip nor 11.6 on M1 Chip). The latest browsers (Safari 15.0 and Chrome Canary Build Version 96.0.4660.6)fail. Old Firefox working. Since Chrome also affected, I am not sure it is an Apple Problem.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Not XFinity’s fault. This is a bug in Safari 15.0.  It’s fixed in 15.1, which you can download now

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

Same here.  Firefox and Chrome it is for now.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Tooky61 Chrome was working for a while. Now it isn't. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I cannot get Live Channels and only On Demand content on Chrome.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Is anyone from XFINITY monitoring all these pleas for help?  This is an Xfinity forum, no?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_6970f8, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. At this time, it is recommended to do a recovery reboot that restores Big Sur 11.6.

With this temporary fix, it is advised to not download Safari 15. We truly wish there was more than a temporary fix to provide for this issue. Currently, we are waiting for Apple to provide the patch that fixes this issue.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thank you for trying--appreciate your help.  Do you have instructions to do the reboot properly (and avoid installing safari 15)?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAldrik NOT ACCEPTABLE - make your system work; there are millions of macs running the new safari. This is YOUR problem Xfinity, not apple's 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have the new M1 Macbook Air BTW

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I also have a new M1 Macbook air and can't stream since I made the upgrade.  It is not acceptable that we have reset the upgrade (not to mention that I have no idea how to do that!) make your system works.  Is been days, what are you guys doing to fix the problem?

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here