U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 17th, 2022 6:43 PM

Closed

Roku xfinity streaming app - loss of Fast Forward functionality

When will the Roku streaming app fast forward features catch up with the boxes? 

From the Xfinity cable box, DVR recordings have a feature called smart resume which allow you to quickly skip over the commercials and resume your program right when the commercials end. This feature is not present on the Xfinity Stream app for Roku (I am using Roku express 4K+). 

Secondly, using the Xfinity Stream app on Roku, you are unable to see any thumbnails of the scenes you are fast forwarding through. Fast forwarding without a thumb nail is frustrating. Always having to guess when to resume, having to go forward and backwards to figure out when the show resumes is a major functionality loss from the boxes. Smart resume would fix this. 

My understanding is this problem does not exist using the app on Apple devices. When will this functionality be improved for Roku and all other third-party apps? 

This issue was also reported back in October here is the link to that forum post,

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/roku-xfinity-streaming-app-loss-of-fast-forward-functionality/617b1393356f1c35c0adef73?commentId=617dbce13fc3e17674cbe0d3&replyId=6189606f356f1c35c0b21498

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey @user_5c7583, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity support on our forums. Looking at the Smart Resume articles, I'm not seeing anything saying it isn't on Roku just for Android Mobile. Can you check to see if the option shows but isn't working? To check, do you see the Smart Resume feature under settings then playback preferences? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ 

The feature is not there. It is only on Apple devices that stream app has the feature (iPhone or iPad). This is stated by Xfinity rep here, https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/roku-xfinity-streaming-app-loss-of-fast-forward-functionality/617b1393356f1c35c0adef73?commentId=617dbce13fc3e17674cbe0d3&replyId=6189606f356f1c35c0b21498

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityNicolas​  I'm tagging into this question as the Xfinity streaming app does not allow for seeing any of the thumbnails so it's impossible to know how far to fast forward or rewind.  Will this be updated and resolved soon? If not, then is the only option to go back to using the Xfinity box? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_58083c Thank you so much for your time and patience today. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are having with your service. Can you please DM me with your first and last name along with your full-service address so that we can assist you further with your service concerns.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We too are experiencing this issue. For what we pay, we expect nothing but the best. Here is what I have found. On our samsung smart tv, no smart resume. On my LG dumb tv, nothing either, on my iphone, it is there, as well as my old HP desktop computer.......canned messages and superficial apologies are meaningless. Xfinity has cornered the market for far too long......Today is September 29th 2022, let's count the days to see if anyone at xfinity even cares.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We have a Samsung Smart tv where the smart resume works. But on Roku it does not 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue.  None of our Smart TVs are new enough to even find the Xfinity app so I bought Rokus.  I mainly watch on the one box so hadn't experienced the fast forward until tonight. It's terrible!  I love Smart resume, but could live without it if I could at least see the fast forward moving through the commercials.  Having to guess how much time is awful.  

This stream is a last ditch effort before I completely drop Xfinity TV altogether.  I was lied to in writing and all my boxes were cancelled when I was told me service would remain the same.  I refuse to pay an additional $32 per month to get them back.  But this streaming is not great. First, no ability to use the voice remote and now awful fast forwarding. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here