ks99's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Hi,

I have a new customer-owned modem and router. The Internet and cable work fine. When I try to launch the The Xfinity Stream app  on my new Roku it gives me the error message: Error createDrmSession.403-102.

I've been on the phone with comcast for hours and reset, reloaded, and redone everything a million times with no luck. From what I have been reading on the forums, many other people have had this issue, as well.  It looks like there is a back-end database issue or something with the modem. Help??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

having the same problem with this error code

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t have a Roku stick but I do have the Roku Ultra. Try doing a Factory reset on the Roku Stick. After you do this you should be able to get a new trial subscription to the xfinity stream app on your Roku device plus a free trial to Amazon Prime again. After doing that stream an on the go channel after signing into you Xfinity account on a laptop. Let the channel continue to stream while you do a system refresh on you cable box. Once you complete those steps go back to the Roku stick and download the Xfinity app. At this point you will be able to get a new trial subscription to the xfinity stream app. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app only will not work. Good luck 👍

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

On 5-26-19 at 1:00pm I posted the exact steps I took to correct this problem. Does the Xfinity stream app expire after the trial subscription ends?

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

DB2021, bandsteering is active when one SSID broadcasts from your modem. If you have two frequencies broadcasting, let me know which one your Roku is connecting to. 

Ken

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Don't know what that means.  How do I check that?    The frustrating part is that this app worked totally fine for months.  Positively no changes on my part, and then suddenly gave me this error message.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app.   I have restarted my Roku stick.  I have checked my xfinity wifi connection.  

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@DB2021 wrote:

Don't know what that means.  How do I check that?    The frustrating part is that this app worked totally fine for months.  Positively no changes on my part, and then suddenly gave me this error message.

Yup, and up to this point, NO ONE from Xfinity has explained why.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I’m sure you know that you can google band steering so you can better understand it. Personally I’m not convinced band steering has anything to do with this problem. But I am sure he’s doing his best to help.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello! I am replying to see if I can gain access to sending you a message.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Im getting the same issue. Anyone have a solution yet

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

After rebooting everything setting the roku back to factory settings multiple times and now the latest going to a Xfinity store to make sure my account and equipment was up to date. I can safely say I don't have the answer. Security so advanced even their technicians can't figure it out. It seems either Xfinity stream works or it doesn't ... oh I'm sorry that's inaccurate allot of the people in this forum are just abruptly losing service. Look back in the forums this has been going on for a long time. I figured once my account was all set that the service would work... I was wrong. I don't have any answers at this point but that's ok cause neither do they. Unfortunately this forum is kind of useless you have people telling you the same things (that don't work) over and over. This is a software issue hence the word alpha..oops I mean beta. Recently at my home where I have a working roku with Xfinity stream, well at the moment. I noticed they changed the look and added some new stuff to the app. So this kind of thing seems to be their focus not fixing an issue that has been going on for years now. Good luck to us all.
Seanno

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

So, sorry it took so long to get this done. Busy week. It worked and all ROKUS are working perfectly now. The beta app has also been updated. Thank you for your help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Great to hear that
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here