ks99's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Hi,

I have a new customer-owned modem and router. The Internet and cable work fine. When I try to launch the The Xfinity Stream app  on my new Roku it gives me the error message: Error createDrmSession.403-102.

I've been on the phone with comcast for hours and reset, reloaded, and redone everything a million times with no luck. From what I have been reading on the forums, many other people have had this issue, as well.  It looks like there is a back-end database issue or something with the modem. Help??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I suspect your trial subscription to the xfinity stream beta app expired. I to own my modem and have an Orbi router. You will get a new free trial on the Roku Xfinity Stream beta app when you follow the steps that I just posted about 40 minutes ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Here are the steps I took to solve this problem: 1) On the Roku remote push the home button and scroll down to settings and then choose system from the menu on the right, go to advanced system settings and choose factory reset. Next use a laptop and sign into your xfinity account and then go to TV and try to watch a channel. The chances are you will only be able to watch on the go channel. Let an on the go channel play on your laptop while you do a system refresh by pressing the A button on the Comcast remote and then choosing system refresh. Next download the Xfinity app to your Roku device. Activate and you should be good to go 😊

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I hope all of the information provided thus far has been helpful. If you're still having issues, please send me a private message for further assistance. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for getting back to me. I haven’t had a chance to do this yet but will in the next couple of days. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@danger2u, fantastic! Please be sure to let us know the results, we appreciate it! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

No problem

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@CCElla , I cannot find a link to send you a private message. I am having the same 403-102 error message after switching to a new modem.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@deyounga2412 wrote:

@CCElla , I cannot find a link to send you a private message. I am having the same 403-102 error message after switching to a new modem.

go to the top of this forum thread and ou will find a 'sign in' link. select it and log into the forum. then click on the @CCElla username and you will see the message me link on top right area of the profile.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm on my Xfinity wifi connection on an Xfinity rented modem/router and it's telling I'm not over and over again giving me this error message. What you suggest is worthless... I and I'm sure many others have done this already, it's how the prompts go in the process without any instructions from you. But the error persists. Thanks for nothing.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

this is not working for me, following this thread to see if someone else has an idea.  worked fine for then suddenly does not work.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Are you addressing me? Jeff270

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry to hear it didn’t work. 😐 it worked for me

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

DB2021, thanks for posting. What steps have you taken already? I know not having access to the app on Roku is a major inconvenience so we'll work with you to get this fixed ASAP. 

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

On 5-26-19 at 1:00pm I posted the exact steps I took to correct this problem. Does the Xfinity stream app expire after the trial subscription ends?

Jeff270, no the app comes with your cable service. It doesn't expire from the Roku unless it is deleted. 

soniafalcon22 and DB2021, is bandsteering active on your modem? 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I’m connected to my router with an Ethernet cable
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here