ks99's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Hi,

I have a new customer-owned modem and router. The Internet and cable work fine. When I try to launch the The Xfinity Stream app  on my new Roku it gives me the error message: Error createDrmSession.403-102.

I've been on the phone with comcast for hours and reset, reloaded, and redone everything a million times with no luck. From what I have been reading on the forums, many other people have had this issue, as well.  It looks like there is a back-end database issue or something with the modem. Help??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

***Validated Best Answer as of 06/2019***

Hi All,

If you are experiencing the Roku Error (Error createDrmSession.403-102), please follow the steps below to resolve.

1. Sign out of the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.
    • Using your Roku remote, sign out of the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku by going to Main Menu > Settings > Sign Out.
    • You will be returned to the Get Started screen.
  2. Log in to the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.
    • If you're relocating your Roku device, ensure that the new location allows you to connect to your Xfinity Internet service.
    • Go to the main Roku device settings menu by navigating to Settings > Network > Set up connection > Wireless.
    • Select your Xfinity wireless network.
      • Note: Do not select another network, including Xfinity WiFi hotspots or any 'xfinitywifi' network that may be available in your home. The Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku is only available through your Xfinity wireless network.
  3. Activate Your Device: Follow the Activation steps in Activating Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku.

This should resolve the problem. Please let us know if you have any other question or are in need of additional assistance. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ks99 wrote:

Hi,

I have a new customer-owned modem and router. The Internet and cable work fine. When I try to launch the The Xfinity Stream app  on my new Roku it gives me the error message: Error createDrmSession.403-102.

I've been on the phone with comcast for hours and reset, reloaded, and redone everything a million times with no luck. From what I have been reading on the forums, many other people have had this issue, as well.  It looks like there is a back-end database issue or something with the modem. Help??

use the xfinity my account app, internet tab, touch the modem/gateway. compare the 'serial number' shown with the modem/gateway's HFC MAC Address. do they match character by character?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, the characters match exactly. In addition to my active modem, the old comcast modem that I returned this week is still listed under my "devices," if that matters.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Roku: Error createDrmSession.403-102

I've switched from a Comcast modem to customer-owned modem. We upgraded from double play (internet and phone) to triple play (internet, phone, and TV). I get the above error message every time I try to launch the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku.

I've been trying to get it worked out for days. I've called them every day since Monday 1/14/19 and taken it up to tier 3 support several times. No one seems to be able to help by phone. I see many people have had problems with the Xfinity Stream app on Roku after changing their modem. My MAC numbers match. I asked the phone support people about the MAC address and they said everything looks fine. I've seen this person ComcastElla say that she can help with the 403-102 error message, to just PM her with the relevant account and modem info. I have PMd but no response as of yet. I wonder if she is the only representative on the forum that is able to help with this issue?

The tier 3 support person said that it was because of an outage. I asked him several details about this supposed outage. How long as the outage been going on? Since 1/10/19, he said. I asked what the outage was – considering there are NO outages in my area according to the Xfinity outage map, and ALL of my services are functioning – internet, TV, VOIP phone, Xfinity streaming from all other devices on my home network and away from my home network, and the ability to stream any other app on my Roku. The only thing that is NOT working is the Xfinity stream app from my Roku. This to me does not say “outage” it says “software problem.” And the software problem relates to how the Stream app is communicating to Xfinity about to what network the Roku is connected. How does Xfinity Stream app determine I am on my home network? Probably by verifying my modem is connected to Xfinity, which is done through a Modem ID or the Roku ID– a serial number or MAC (Media Access Control) address or the DNS or something. Which to me sounds like a database or software issue.

I wonder if anyone has had this issue and was able to get it resolved? Was it indeed because the MAC address was incorrect somewhere? Mine seems to match and yet the problem still persists. The person RustyBen seems to have some knowledge of the issue and he even commented on my previous question asking me if my MAC address matched what was on the account. It does, and I wrote back as such but haven't heard back from him, either.

How many times is phone support going to make me restart my: TV, Roku, uninstall/reinstall the Stream app, check my network connection, ID my wifi name on my Roku, my TV, check my stream app on my computer and phone, reregister my Roku… I don’t think the issue is on my side!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ks99 wrote:

Yes, the characters match exactly. In addition to my active modem, the old comcast modem that I returned this week is still listed under my "devices," if that matters.

call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to fix the gateways to 'only' have the one you are now using. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks- I have spoken to billing and they said there is 1 active modem showing on the account and one inactive one. I asked them to remove the inactive one and they basically said they couldn’t (or wouldn’t).

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

OK now the comcast device is no longer showing. It only shows my Netgear modem. They must have finally removed the 2nd device from the account. But I am still getting the error message. Also I cannot stream Xfinity from my phone or computer which are also connected to my home wifi. Both don't recognize that I am on my in-home wifi. So I don't think the issue is with the Roku.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

For those of you who have the Error createDrmSession.403-102 message when you try to run the Xfinity Stream App -

Mine had not been working all week from any device on my home network. It kept on saying I needed to be on my home network even though I already was. I called a million times and escalated again and again, and everyone kept on telling me to reboot and relaunch everything, and to check to make sure the modem MAC address matched from the modem to my account (it did). First they said it was because of my cable box (not so), then they said it was because of my customer-owned modem wasn't supported (it was supported), then it was because of a problem with my Roku (it wasn't), and then they told me that it was not working due to an "outage" and that it was going to be fixed soon. So I was skeptical, of course.  I asked what kind of outage - I'm thinking an outage usually means a hardware issue like servers crashing or physical cables are broken, and no outage was listed on my account or on any maps, so I asked if it was because of that or was it actually a software issue? And he said yes, it was a software problem and they were working on it and it would be fixed soon. They said that every day for days with no result. But all of a sudden this evening it is working. No explanation. Just started working. No idea what the fix is and no one will explain. So- Good luck...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello. I’m not able to send a private message to @CCElla what am I missing? I’m having the same issue with my Roku saying that I’m not on the right network. This happned all of a sudden after working for a year

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

@ks99 - I'm back to the office, I will check your account asap. 

@Ms05 - Your PM feature is already enabled. Please note, you have to post publicly first in order to get a PM feature. Please try to send me a private message and let me know if you get any issues with it. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Having the same problem. Went through all the basic reset procedures with 3 different levels of tech support with no luck. After day 4 I was told about the outage and there is no time frame to get it fixed. 

Also PM ed to ComcastElla with all my info but I am still waiting for a response. 

If this is a universal issue and ComcastElla has the fix can we just post it on the public forum?

If it is related to the modem communicating with the server then what is the fix?

Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@CCElla 

any way to get help with this issue still? will try to send a PM.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having this exact same issue and sent a PM with account details.  Lokking forward to your reply and getting it resolved.

When I called in this morning I was told there was an issue/outage that would be fixed by 10pm tomorrow....the guy I talked to did not have any other details or seem confident in this information.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, I have the same issue after i installed my own customer provided modem. just looking to see if my issue is able tobe resolved like the others. Thanks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@rjbrown911 wrote:

Hello, I have the same issue after i installed my own customer provided modem. just looking to see if my issue is able tobe resolved like the others. Thanks.

does your modem/gateway's HFC MAC address match exactly the serial number listed on the my account app? (select the internet tab and then the gateway).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here