U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Jul 30, 2022 5:27 PM

Recent Xfinity stream app not working on LG TV

After this week’s update, The XFinity stream app doesn’t load on my LG tv.   Anyone else having this problem?

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24K Messages

2 m ago

After this week’s update, The XFinity stream app doesn’t load on my LG tv.  ...

Perhaps https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-app-not-supported applies?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

I don’t think that’s the reason.  I have a 2020 model.

Official Employee

• 

436 Messages

Hey @user_6f7f47, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Thank you for checking if it was supported. Since it was after an update, have you tired clearing the apps cache or uninstall and reinstalling it? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

My 2020 LG not working w/ beta streaming app, and my model is confirmed as compatible with upgrade.... Xfinity Tech cleared and restarted equip (no luck).... I then deleted app, but couldn't reinstall & got the black screen notice [again!] about 2017 LG models no longer working with app...

I'm now waiting 24-72 hours for "national tech support". Unacceptable technical fail (in this day and age) by Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

154 Messages

Hello @user_97e62b thank you for reaching out through our Xfinity Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with our Stream app. Have you heard back from our support team? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No. 

[Your app won't post a reply unless it's at least 20 characters ......so......]

Official Employee

• 

154 Messages

@user_97e62b Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Had a tech help me. Turns out that there is a "free wireless box" that you can get as "interim stop gap" way to stream until comcast and lg play well together again. I think it's really a way to get people to use the box, which Comcast will then charge a monthly rental for, but hey, maybe I'm being cynical......

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here