U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 30th, 2022 5:27 PM

Closed

Recent Xfinity stream app not working on LG TV

After this week’s update, The XFinity stream app doesn’t load on my LG tv.   Anyone else having this problem?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

After this week’s update, The XFinity stream app doesn’t load on my LG tv.  ...

Perhaps https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-app-not-supported applies?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I don’t think that’s the reason.  I have a 2020 model.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_6f7f47, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Thank you for checking if it was supported. Since it was after an update, have you tired clearing the apps cache or uninstall and reinstalling it? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My 2020 LG not working w/ beta streaming app, and my model is confirmed as compatible with upgrade.... Xfinity Tech cleared and restarted equip (no luck).... I then deleted app, but couldn't reinstall & got the black screen notice [again!] about 2017 LG models no longer working with app...

I'm now waiting 24-72 hours for "national tech support". Unacceptable technical fail (in this day and age) by Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @user_97e62b thank you for reaching out through our Xfinity Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with our Stream app. Have you heard back from our support team? 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No. 

[Your app won't post a reply unless it's at least 20 characters ......so......]

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_97e62b Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Had a tech help me. Turns out that there is a "free wireless box" that you can get as "interim stop gap" way to stream until comcast and lg play well together again. I think it's really a way to get people to use the box, which Comcast will then charge a monthly rental for, but hey, maybe I'm being cynical......

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have an LG TV and my Xfinity Stream app stopped working- here's what I did

1. Deleted app and reloaded- did not work

2. Reset my TV and reloaded all my apps and still Xfinity Stream still not working. In fact, it only shows Purchases- that's it.

I reached out to Support with no answer.

Also, when I uploaded all my apps- YouTube TV, Netflix, etc. I was able to sign into the apps via a QR Code that read the device connected to my WiFi, but Xfinity requires me to go to the activate website which kept failing, but eventually was able to log in the code. the App loaded and it only went to purchases and not on the home screen.

I love my Xfinity Stream app and have spent a lot of time trying to get it back to where it was and I'm scratching my head.

Can someone please respond and guide me.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My Xfinity was working fine until the today (Thanksgiving) Missed the last minute of the Lions game, rebooted the router 5times, uninstalled and did re-install and get message on both my LG TVs and PC..cant find any channels....Im [Edited: "Language"]!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_7e2e22​ Same thing happened to me.  App on 2 Roku sticks stopped working and on an LG smart TV.  I called Xfinity and they are aware that "some" customers are having issues with the app and they are working on it.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

Hey there, @user_7e2e22 

I know how important games are to the family and to you! My family watches the games every week. Our team here can do our best to help you out by checking into your service. Can you please send us a private chat message with your full name and full service address? To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes, my Xfinity Steam dumped also, new scan the IQ code, if it worked would be ok, but three times now, no go!!! This is typical of Xfinity Stream!! It’s more like Xfinity SCREAM!

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @user_81862e, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! We will be happy to help with any Stream app isseues that you may be having. If you don't mind, can you provide me with some details about what is happening on your end? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to stream my tv shows on my iphone now it comes back saying playback issues and to go to safari and settings to make sure all playback is on and i can’t get to it and all my tv shows still say playback issue through the app. HELP ME

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@teresa14 thank you so much for reaching out for help with your Xfinity stream app! We are more than happy to help! If you could provide more information on the error you are getting like are there any error codes or messages pop in up? At what point are you running into the error is this when login in or once you pick a show? Have you tried to access the streaming site from the same device the Xfinity stream web portal is here www.xfinity.com/stream do you encounter the same error? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I have had the same issues, but mine started 4 weeks ago. I had the streaming app on two TVs, one stopped working 7 weeks ago, the other 4 weeks ago. I have been going round and round with Xfinity support. I even tried a roku and to download the app from there without luck. If you find an answer PLEASE let me know!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity stream app does not work well on my 2019 LG tv. Constantly needs to buffer. Horrible for live sports. Same app works great when run through a fire stick. But would like app to work through LG tv since interface is preferred. Have removed and added app numerous times. Just seems like the two don’t play well together. How can this be rectified? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Wbs996​ 

I recommend you start off with troubleshooting your Internet connection, this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/internet-connectivity-troubleshooting has great information on troubleshooting, make sure your modem is in open clear space 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My LG smart tv does not work with the Xfinity stream app. I brings up the Xfinity light blue sign in screen but the sign in button does not work.

I have tried rebooting route,r set top box, tv.

There is the Flex box for free which we could use but when I ask asked how to get it I was told I already had internet. 

All I wanted was the flex box. When is Xfinity going to get with LG and resolve this problem?

Tom

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same with Vizio, as of about a month ago.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Have you looked at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-app-not-supported @user_02aa0f. to see if your TV falls on this list? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here