U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 3rd, 2021 12:30 AM

Closed

Playback issue 2111 error 3

I am getting “Playback issue 2111” with “error 3” on the bottom whenever I try to watch live TV for regular network programming on my Fire TV streaming app. 

I tried resetting the app, cleared the data and re-signed in and it’s still not working.  

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

Hey @user_556c21! Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we definitely want to make sure this is resolved for you. Is this happening on all of the channels you watch or only some of them (please specify which networks if not all)? Are you getting errors when you try to watch this from another device like a cell phone, computer, or tablet?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm on a Toshiba firetv. Its doing the same thing on every channel. It shows the guide but I can't stream anything. It goes to load the after 20 seconds it give the playback issue 2111 error 3..

please email me with a solution

[Edited: "Personal Information"] 

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @user_22d4f9! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Fire TV, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance. Did this just recently start happening, or is the Xfinity Stream app new on your device? Are you able to watch live TV on other devices, like a phone or tablet, without these issues?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastJamesH 

I've been having the same error on my Insigna FireTV all week. Only the TV togo options are showing up they all lead back to the playback issue 2111 error 3. I'm able to watch on other devices without issues. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So... any resolution on this issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having same issue today. Worked fine yesterday and now it is giving me the error. Not internet as other things are fine 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_51c819! Thank you for posting here on our forums. We want to ensure we get this error cleared so you can get back to enjoying your programs. Can you please attempt reconnecting your TV to the internet and ensure it has the latest firmware update installed? 

From the Fire TV menu, select Settings > Device > About. If you don't see a "Device" option, look for System and select that instead. Select Check for System Update to see if a software update is available for your device. After the download is complete, select Install System Update to install the update immediately.

If the issues persist after refreshing the internet connection and ensuring the TV is updated, please also uninstall the Xfinity app and reinstall it, then log back into the app. Please keep me posted if the error clears after this or not. Thank you! 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I was having the same issue. Chatted with xfinity rep and reinstalled the app and restarted my Fire TV. I'm all fixed.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. Started today, 6/3/21.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_dbeb3a. Thank you for letting us know you are having similar issues as well. I know each situation can be different, but we've seen success since your post. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? If possible, can you uninstall then reinstall the app? Please let me know if you see any improvement or if it stays the same. I'll be glad to help.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I had this issue with a Toshiba Fire TV. Restarted my TV and was able to watch shows again. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having this same issue on my Chromebook. I get the Playback Issue 2111 with an Error 7. App works fine on all my other devices. Called technical support. They supposedly did a "fix" and said it would take 30 minutes to work. Waited 45 minutes and got into the  app to watch Live goto tv and still got the same playback issue/error message and no channels would load. Frustrated!!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello, @user_f035f8! Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums. If you are still having the playback issue on your Chromebook, can you please try clearing your cache, and cookies on your device? Once that is done, then try logging back into the Xfinity Stream portal. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have a Samsung Chromebook and keep on getting Playbook Issue 2111 all the time when I try to watch live TV.  It will work once and a while. I tried reinstalling the stream ap 3 times and I cleared my system as well.  The ap works fine on my smart phones. Please help me fix.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a LENOVO Chromebook and keep on getting Playbook Issue 2111 all the time when I try to watch live TV.  It will work on other TV, phones. I tried reinstalling the stream ap many times and I cleared my system as well.  The ap works fine on my smart phones. Please help me fix the problem.

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Greetings, @user_da7232! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with trying to use the streaming app on your Chromebook. We would like to see what we could do for you. We would like you to try to uninstall and reinstall the app but first try the following:

Go into your settings and then go to your apps.
Locate the Xfinity Stream app and go into its settings
clear the cache and data from the app.
Uninstall the app
Reboot your Chromebook.

Once it's back on reinstall the Xfinity Stream app and see if you still run into the same issue.

If you do, can you please click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here