JohnTW79's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, July 19th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Peacock won’t upgrade to Premium (Errors when linking)

I have been working with support via email and have had to luck. I can't get Peacock Premium even though I have a Flex box.

1. I have Xfinity Internet with Flex Services.
  2. I have a Flex box.
  3. I have signed into the Peacock app on my Flex box with my primary email address.
  4. It only shows that I have Peacock Free.
  5. I have signed into http://peacocktv.com/accountwith the same email address. It still shows as Peacock Free.
  6. When I try to link to my Xfinity account I get an error.

Whenever I navigate away from the Peacock app on my Flex box, I have to sign in each time. It also shows me signed in as "unauthenticated".

Please advise.

P.S. I have also tried all of this with my Comcast.net email address. Same issues.

2BA66838-E6EA-4A02-8B8B-633FD4EEAC49.jpeg14EDA5D7-1082-432E-A07F-597F482B8BFE.jpeg

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. I have a password set and can login fine both via the app and website.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@JohnTW79 wrote:

I have been working with support via email and have had to luck. I can't get Peacock Premium even though I have a Flex box.

1. I have Xfinity Internet with Flex Services.
  2. I have a Flex box.
  3. I have signed into the Peacock app on my Flex box with my primary email address.
  4. It only shows that I have Peacock Free.
  5. I have signed into http://peacocktv.com/accountwith the same email address. It still shows as Peacock Free.
  6. When I try to link to my Xfinity account I get an error.

Whenever I navigate away from the Peacock app on my Flex box, I have to sign in each time. It also shows me signed in as "unauthenticated".

Please advise.

P.S. I have also tried all of this with my Comcast.net email address. Same issues.

when you signed into Peacock did it ask for a password? (premiums need password to be set and used). 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Starting 7/20 AM, everything magically started working for me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Did you get a solution for this. Apparently this is a widespread issue and xfinity/peacock dont have a solution for this. Adding to that is there pathetic customer service, who dont know how to sort out this problem. Essentialy xfinity is selling soemthing in their ad, and are not able to provide. I guess everyone of us are on the same boat, I got this connection specially because of the free peacock subscription(as in their ad), but its been 2 weeks and still there's no way i can access that content

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@dibya172 I am frustrated as well with this issue. No one seems able to fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, everyone! I see a few of you are having issues getting Peacock Premium added. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your specific situation. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Try to login to peacock here. https://www.peacocktv.com/account

Scroll down and link to your Xfinity account. That will take you to an xfinity login screen where you re sign in. Should work from there

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have talked to at least 6 possibly more agents at xfinity. Today I was on their chat for 3.5 hours. In addition, my YouTube is now messed up. And my apps are no longer loaded on my TV but xfinity says they didn’t do it. Well, I certainly did not! I don’t even know how to add apps to my TV.

Meanwhile, my settings no longer have a “my account “ so I can’t add them to my TV or get my subscriptions back on YouTube.

I think I may have to reset everything and start over.

I’m just about mad enough to talk to my US Senator. This started as a simple question BEFORE I knew about Premium Peacock. Then, I was trying to get my TV connected via WiFi because I moved my TV across the room. They said it could not be done. They also said if it was an inside wall I had to hire an electrician. Somewhere during the 3rd or 4th chat, one of the agents ordered a call for me to have it installed “outside,” and ignored me about needing al electrician.

So I should be able to get Peacock Premium because my TV is hooked up to the X1 cable box right?

Long story shorter, most of them end up telling me I can’t get my channels. It’s me, not them.

The 2nd to last one got me connected so that Peacock actually says I don’t have to pay. But that didn’t mean I could access the stations that Peacock says I can get. That was stated by the first agent and the 2nd “supervisor “ agent after these long hours.

I paid $30 to have my box moved. I regret it now. I shouldn’t have gotten a new iPhone, telephone (landline) and cable. I’m seriously wondering if I should try to bail totally out via some state or federal government consumer protection agency.

Leslie

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Xfinity doesn’t care about you

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

If anyone at all is having trouble, we are happy to help! You can always find us here on the forums and other social media platforms 24/7, so reach out anytime! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here