margabarbour's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 23rd, 2020 4:00 AM

Closed

New Samsung TV Getting error codes TVAPP-00209

Getting error codes TVAPP-00209 trying to play live tv channels on Samsung TV. Previously the app worked well, just became unusable last week. Tried re-installing app still did not work, removed app and re-isntalled app still did not work. Settings set to auto update software.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, we just set up our new Samsung tv yesterday. Same error code as you when accessing the xfinity app, however, if we access xfinity through our roku on the Samsung tv, it seems to work fine. Hopefully they'll resolve the issue soon, the work around is a bit annoying.

Please post if you find out anything and I will too.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same error on a new Samsung TV. App is working on Roku.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue w/ the same error code.  I was told by support today that my TV is not compatible.  It was working fine since July up until last week.  I have a Samsung Q60 series just purchased brand new this summer. @Rustyben I noticed you've commented on similar issues.  Can you provide any insight?

Thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue for me. Just bought another Q60 the other day. I liked the cord-free Streaming capabilities. Please lmk if there’s a fix! I’d be pretty upset if they say it’s an added feature to have 2 streaming TVs (even tho the app terms say upto 45 assigned devices and simultaneously streaming of 5 devices).

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

We just got a 55” Samsung today. Had the same issue. We did the software update on the tv and then deleted the app and reinstalled and it is working now. Hopefully that works.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just called, apparently the app is down for Samsung. They’re going to credit me and notify me when there is a fix.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Any word?  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

43 in Samsung The Frame Xfiniy error TVAPP-00209... steaming via Xfinity Stream is why I purchased this TV.  Not as functional is I'd like without it.  

Please let me know if this app will be up and running soon so I have time to return the TV if streaming is unavailable from this point on. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I bought the 58” Samsung last night same code as others same issue. Went into Xfinity through Samsung app in tv and instead of clicking on anything or trying to delete app from tv while in Xfinity I went to top right signed out and signed back in with Xfinity/authorize again and now it works.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I reached out today. I had to spend over an hour on chat with someone who then scheduled a call back with the advanced technical support team. Once I told him about my issue and error code he confirmed it is an outage and they have no estimate for when it’ll be fixed. He was able to add me to the list to notify me on when it will be fixed. I recommend anyone else do the same. The more people that can create a ticket the faster they’ll work on the issue. Either call and speak to someone on the phone (good luck) and ask to speak to the special technical support team or open a chat and ask for a call back from them. They probably won’t let you do that until you go through all of their steps, so go through those and then they’ll bump you up. Tedious, infuriating, but it’s what we gotta do!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I solved this on my new tv today. Went into settings>support>device care, and ran diagnostics. I deleted any app that I was able to under manage storage. This includes xfinity stream beta.... You will know because there will be a checkbox in the upper left corner. Once deleted, I ran diagnostics again..... And actually I had the off timer set up and it was throwing an error, so I disabled it too.
Once this was completed I downloaded the Xfinity app again and it had me reactivate it. Now all is working normally..... Like it did on my Roku before. Hope this helps!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

See LLB81 resolved post.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had same issue. Just picked up new Samsung TV. Xfinity Streaming app would launch after activation; but, could not watch any shows. Received same error code.

Solution . . . 1) Check for software updates for the TV under Settings, Software Update. I did not have the latest version. The TV should reboot after new version is installed. 2). Make sure auto updates are turned on. 3) Delete/Re-install/re-acticate Xfinity Streaming app.

I am now able to watch live TV.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This worked for me. I updated the software and Xfinity app worked perfectly. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I've tried all of the solutions recommended and I am still getting the same message. Purchased in august and was working fine until last week. Now I can't get it to work at all. Contacted Samsung and said they would submit a ticket. Never heard back from them. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here