U

Wednesday, October 11th, 2023 3:03 AM

Closed

Loading Xfinity on Samsung TV

I cannot get the Xfinity App to load on my Samsung 70 inch TV. I deleted Xfinity App to try reinstalling and it won’t reinstall. It just keeps trying to load like it did before I deleted it. It works fine on iPad, iPhone and smaller ROKU TV. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

Hello @user_b3cc2m, thanks for reaching out for help with the Xfinity Stream app. 

By chance have you checked the compatibility of your TV here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smart TV's? Not all device models meet the minimum hardware requirements for the Xfinity Stream app. We're working with equipment manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to more devices and models.

3 Messages

I bought a ROKU streaming stick for $37 and problem solved. I wish the tech person would have told me about that. Thanks for reaching out to me. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_b3cc2m I am glad to hear that you were able to get the Xfinity Stream app working with your Roku instead. Hopefully you are now able to enjoy your services without issue! If there is ever anything else that we can assist you with, please don't hestiate to create a new post so that our team and amazing community here can assist you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Thank you for your help!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_b3cc2m, you are so very welcome! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

11 months ago

Moved here to the Stream App help section.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

I figured out a trick for my Samsung tv.. if you try to stream a channel, then wait, exit before it fails, then try to stream the channel over and over and it will come on after about the 3rd try.. We shouldn't have to do this, but for now give it a shot.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here