Thursday, October 14th, 2021 10:56 PM

Closed

Lg smart tv

I have an lg smart tv and I am having issues with the streaming app 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums, @user_73133e. Welcome to the community! What issues have you had with the app on the LG Smart TV? You have reached the right team to get to the bottom of this.

Contributor

• 

98 Messages

3 years ago

How do I access the Stream App on my LG smart TV? It only seems to let me send a link to a mobile device as I have to enter a phone number, not download directly to the TV.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Great question! You'll need to create a LG or Samsung account and link it to your compatible Smart TV before downloading the Xfinity Stream Beta app. 

Here are step-by-step instructions on setting this up. 

LG:

1. Make sure your LG Smart TV is connected to the Internet.
  2. Press the Home button on your remote to bring up the main menu.
  3. Scroll right or left until you reach the LG Content Store.
  4. Select Apps & Games at the top of the page.
  5. Select the Xfinity Stream Beta app.
  6. Click Install.
  7. Once the installation is complete, select Launch to start using the Xfinity Stream Beta app.
  8. When asked, register your device and sign in with your Xfinity credentials.

Link with more details: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

[EDIT: LINK]

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

98 Messages

Thank you very much. I did not have an App "LG Content Store" but there was an "App" App that led me into All Apps. I did a search and found Xfinity Stream Beta App. I appreciate your response. This should help if and when cable goes down during storms.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@rjom I am glad you were able to get that downloaded! Please let us know if you have any additional questions or if anything comes up in the future! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here